|Event:||Capital City Tour Part 9|
Capital City Tour Part 9
Iqaluit means “place of many fish” in the Inuktitut language. From 1955 to 1987, the settlement was named Frobisher Bay, after the explorer Martin Frobisher who searched for the Northwest Passage. In 1987, the town officially reverted to its original Inuktitut name, Iqaluit, and was designated as a city in 2001.
Route: YRL J513 YXL J525 YSP Q919 VIDGO Q911 EMPEK Q941 AGLUK
Distance: 1269 nm
The origin of the city’s name, Québec, comes from the Algonquin language “narrow passage” or “straight”. Originally, it was used to describe the narrowing of the St. Lawrence near the current site of the City of Québec.
|Scheduled Start Time: (GMT)||0:30|