It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

Howdy Gents!

Things are running much better now with the VA. New and improved forum, updated website, and FSAcars are the 3 key things off the top of my head. We've made great progress over this past year alone!

That being said....as with any VA, adding new things to keep us interested and draw new members is paramount to our success!

So....I'm putting out this general posting right now to ask everyone to throw out their ideas as to what they like / dislike about the VA currently and any new things you would like to see in the future. I'd like to start creating a CVA Wishlist if you will....and...see where we can go with this!

As I have said from the beginning when I took over the presidency....good things will happen here but it will take time and patience. We've shown that to date and I hope to continue this trend.

Let's get those ideas flowing!

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

Wow! No new comments on this post and its been a week already! I guess everyone just loves things the way they are now LOL :thumbsup:

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

Ideas for a Wishlist? How about prettier stewardesses and more overnight layovers? :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

cva3906 wrote:
Ideas for a Wishlist? How about prettier stewardesses and more overnight layovers? :p

Management has its privileges :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'll see what I can do!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:23 am 

I'm wondering how much more work it would take to start mining some of the FSAcers data.

I've visited sites where they have a listing on their front page with the last 20 greased landings. There is a lot of information that can be totalled to provide averages for a specific pilot, or even better, all CVA pilots.

Things like the average touch down rate, average flight duration, total flights, amount of fuel used as a VA might be cool, total nm flown, etc etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:10 am 
Site Admin

CVA222 Bob wrote:
I'm wondering how much more work it would take to start mining some of the FSAcers data.

I've visited sites where they have a listing on their front page with the last 20 greased landings. There is a lot of information that can be totalled to provide averages for a specific pilot, or even better, all CVA pilots.

Things like the average touch down rate, average flight duration, total flights, amount of fuel used as a VA might be cool, total nm flown, etc etc.

Working on the greased / worst landings as we speak Bob! Well...let me rephrase that...I have some "ideas" written down on paper.

The programming to mine the data is the challenge for me right now. I just need some time to sit down and figure out how to read the data from the submitted log files. Once I've got that figured out and can actually pull individual data from the log file the rest will be easy.

It's a work in progress but will take time. Glad to see someone else was thinking of the same thing :D

Thanks for the input!

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:27 am 

For route selection, I'd like to see some more structured options. As a pilot based out of a certain hub, it makes sense to only fly routes out of that hub. Perhaps starting and finishing at the same point to finish your assignment for the week or something. If you wanted to fly out of a different hub you could arrange for a transfer every so often etc etc.

I'd like to see the option of having things closer to a real airline while maintaining the fun we all have with the flexibility!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:44 am 

Are there any plans of adding Montreal as a hub?

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]