It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:21 pm 

Cabin Pressurization

I really don't understand this. It's hard to grasp since most sim planes don't bother with it.

My King Air has it, but it's completely automatic. Just enter the destination altitude (something else I don't get. Seems it should be set at the altitude I want to fly to).

Anyway, reading up on the real new King 350 in Flying Magazine and they talk about the cabin pressure.

First it says Pressurization is set at 6.6 psi.

What the heck does that mean.

Then it says cabin altitude is at 10 000 feet and flying at FL350 is rarely done because of this.

Why is it set at 10 000 and what does that mean anyway. There is no oxygen after 10 000 or that the oxygen starts to thin at that level and for what reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:52 pm 

Used to teach this subject, way back when. To explain in this forum would be an excercise in futility. Go to this site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabin_pressurization. Seems to be explained pretty nicely there. In flight simulation its pretty much a non starter - just flip the switch to "auto" and forget about it. I think it is pretty much that way in the modern aircraft of today. In my day the 707 was state of the art, as far as I was concerned.

Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:03 pm 

Go to "pressurized cabin" for the article. Very well done and easy enough to understand.

Cheers Bill

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]