It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:39 am 
Hello Fello Pilots,

I was wondering if i could have somone tell me the basics of piloting a VA. If someone could give me the steps on what to do before i get in the air( Virtual air) that would be highly appreciated. I have always been intrested in Airplanes since i was a young child.

Thankyou :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:20 am 

Hi MDodds,

Welcome to CVA. I rather new too but I've found this group very supportive and helpful. You might want to start by reading the forum for new members called CVA Helpline. There's a CVA FAQ there that will get you started. But there are also some FAQs for new people on their main web site, canadianva.com. Also, some of the longer-term members will answer you too.

What software are you using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:47 am 
I am using FS 2004 but i have FSX but it is extremely choppy could you tell me on how to download aircraft

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:35 pm 

You get them from the main web site (this site is just for discussion) at canadianva.com (the link is at the top of this page near the right. I think it's under Flight Ops, then Fleet.

Read up on FSX on the General discussion group but also on VATSIM.net. I assume you know that VATSIM is where you sign up to actually fly online with other people once you've learned some basics offline. see the link for New Pilots on their main page.

There's a lot to learn. Don't be in a hurry or you'll get burned out. Slow and steady will have you flying and enjoying it in the long run.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]