It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: X-Plane Framerates
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:18 am 

Hi,

I was researching a bit on why my flights are taking longer than what is expected as per the flight plans. Seems to me that my Laptop (a bit old) is far below the recommended specs and hence the frame-rates are much below 19.9. This leads to the simulation running slower (maybe at 2/3 or 1/2 the normal speed) and flights taking longer than usual. :(

Will that be a problem in CVA?

Post subject: Re: X-Plane Framerates
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

indrajitsg wrote:
Hi,

I was researching a bit on why my flights are taking longer than what is expected as per the flight plans. Seems to me that my Laptop (a bit old) is far below the recommended specs and hence the frame-rates are much below 19.9. This leads to the simulation running slower (maybe at 2/3 or 1/2 the normal speed) and flights taking longer than usual. :(

Will that be a problem in CVA?

Hi Indrajit,

I suspect that it is not the framerates causing the problem but rather the aircraft you are flying. The routes were designed from what I remember on certain aircraft but other have used similar aircrafts in that Class. The flight times can vary and also depends on ground / air traffic, route flown, etc.

When I get a moment I'll try one of the routes in FSX and in XPlane and see if there is much difference.

Cheers!

CVA7769

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:40 am 

Hi Darryl,

The reason I said that it might slowing down was based on the conversation in the x-plane forum:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... e-confirm/

Where Brett S had said:

Quote:
f-act is your true framerate, f-sim bottoms out at 19.9 because that's the minimum allowable & it starts running in slow motion.

I think what I would need to do is bring down the settings in XP 11 rock bottom and then start testing what is causing the frame-rate to drop.

By the way, I installed back FSX in a fit of frustration and this time I bought FSX Steam edition. Hopefully my flights will end sooner!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Good to know and keep us posted on any developments in this area!

There are a few people on the forum I believe that have used the Steam Edition and have some experience there if you need it as well.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:38 pm 

Using FSX Steam and it currently does the job for me.
Dovetail did some work on it and it is more stable than the original FSX with better frame rates.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:52 pm 

True. I am seeing much better performance in terms of framerates and stability of the simulation. I have been out of touch with FSX ever since I discovered XP 10. Now I am slowing remembering all the keys and assignments. Just installed vPilot yesterday along with a few addons that I had for FSX edition. My hectic office schedule doesn't really let me fly planes on weekdays.

Questions:
1. Do you guys use vPilot or FSInn with Squawkbox?

2. Mountain AIR Virtual Airlines has a nice collection of PDF documents for getting started on flying on VATSIM. The link is here http://www.mountain-air.org/training/materials/. Do we keep such a repository?

3. What is this Flight Academy Exam? Where do I get details around it?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]