It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 pm

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: FSX SE your thoughts?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

bd515 wrote:
I bought FSX steam for $10 on sale a couple of years ago and it is stable and works fine I have it installed on a separate SSD drive no problems at all gave up on P3D v2.5 kept crashing on me V3 didn't work and from what I gather P3D V4 is going to cause problems as most aircraft that worked in the other sims will not because it is 64 bit now but I guess the scenery is great as are other things but any add on's will have to be re bought for a small price and reinstalled. Been fooling around with X-Plane 11 and love the scenery planes are scares right now though ,

Yep - agreed!

I'm hoping we can find someone who loves XPlane enough that we can get them interested in painting aircraft as well. I'm took a brief look at it but did not seem simple at all...but hoping for the best in the future :) We can get a lot of new members from this untapped source!

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:03 pm 

CVA7769 wrote:
bd515 wrote:
I bought FSX steam for $10 on sale a couple of years ago and it is stable and works fine I have it installed on a separate SSD drive no problems at all gave up on P3D v2.5 kept crashing on me V3 didn't work and from what I gather P3D V4 is going to cause problems as most aircraft that worked in the other sims will not because it is 64 bit now but I guess the scenery is great as are other things but any add on's will have to be re bought for a small price and reinstalled. Been fooling around with X-Plane 11 and love the scenery planes are scares right now though ,

Yep - agreed!

I'm hoping we can find someone who loves XPlane enough that we can get them interested in painting aircraft as well. I'm took a brief look at it but did not seem simple at all...but hoping for the best in the future :) We can get a lot of new members from this untapped source!

Cheers! :mrgreen:

Well CXA Canadian Xpress which I fly with has some planes for X-Plane 10 and some of them work in X-Plane 11 but from what I am hearing it is very difficult getting them converted and I have tried a few of them and they really don't work that well. Even the X-Plane regular planes I have downloaded are not working well , planes that work in X-Plane 10 do not work in X-Plane 11 . I have a x737-800 _v503 from the project which takes forever to climb to altitude I have set and takes way to long to fly the course to destination than the regular default B737-800 takes for the same alt and route .. I must admit I would love to be flying X-Plane 11 all the time but too many issues with things that don't work that well , scenery is terrific and setting up your controls is a piece of cake compared to X-Plane 10 , cannot find a moving map or flight planning software that works well , FSCloud will connect but I cannot see other planes .FSCommander does work well .. I have been fighting with X-Plane for a couple of years trying to get things working ..lots of fun but little results on my end but it is a good sim none the less .Not saying it will not get better just takes time and a lot of work on creators to get planes for X-Plane 11 :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:08 am 

I fell in love with XPlane 10 around the time I got frustrated with FSX Boxed edition. However purchasing XP 11 was a waste of time for me as I realized that it needed very high end machines to run. I currently have a 2012 laptop which couldn't run XP 11 at the bare minimum 20FPS. Hence switched to FSX Steam edition. I must say - the experience has been pretty good. There rarely has been a crash on Windows 8.1. Carenado addon aircraft works flawlessly. Will stick to this till I can purchase a higher end version.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:40 am 

FSX Steam can be installed anywhere you want on a separate hard drive or SSD or C: it is very stable and doesn't crash like the FSX Gold Edition . I have been running it for two years now and no problems at all ..accepts all my addons airplanes and scenery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:52 pm 

I thought I would try FSX-SE, and I'll never go back.
Smooth with no stutters and great frame rates, as well as faster load time!
Only problem is trying to get FSInn and Copilot to run in it. Anyone else been able to?
It was written with all new code, which is what MS should have done.

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2