It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Choice of planes to fly routes
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:49 pm 

Q2) I'm new here and about to try my first CVA flight! I selected a flight (CYTZ - CYXU) and checked my Flight Bid where I discovered that I was being asked to fly a twin Otter. I'm flying Xplane 11 and I dont have a twin Otter. do I need to get one or can I fly any aircraft I choose and will I still qualify?
Q2) I don't understand why there are bids associated with these flights and what the dollar value means. Can someone please explain.

thanks and looking forward to my first flight!

Post subject: Re: Choice of planes to fly routes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:09 am 
Site Admin

Welcome to CVA

Quote:
Q2) I'm new here and about to try my first CVA flight! I selected a flight (CYTZ - CYXU) and checked my Flight Bid where I discovered that I was being asked to fly a twin Otter. I'm flying Xplane 11 and I dont have a twin Otter. do I need to get one or can I fly any aircraft I choose and will I still qualify?

The plane is a suggested aircraft, Any class one aircraft for this route is acceptable.

Class 1 (Turboprop) Samples
Baron
DH8-300
King Air
PC12

Quote:
Q2) I don't understand why there are bids associated with these flights and what the dollar value means. Can someone please explain.

thanks and looking forward to my first flight!

Bids are used with CVACARS (a program for recording and submitting your PIREPS)
Step 1 Bid on flight
Step 2 Start CVACARS
Step 3 Call up bid and start recording
Step 4 Fly route
Step 5 Stop recording and submit your PIREP

Your bid will be removed and then you can fly your next route

I hope this helps you out, as for the dollars they are totally useless. The amount earned plus a real 1.25$ can buy you a Pepsi. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:54 pm 

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:23 pm 
Site Admin

Great to see you flying, Also i my instructions I forgot the you mentioned that your use Xplane. Use Xacars for flight reporting. It is a lot easier than filing manual PIREPS. We provide a config file for Xacars, you can download it in your profile section of the CVA web site.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:05 pm 

i loaded XAcars on Xplane 11 and followed instructions. It doesnt show up in Plugins when Xplane is running. Not sure what to do next. Can you help?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:41 am 
Site Admin

I do not use Xplane so my help may not be accurate, but I think there is an ini file to edit and add planes. Check the ACars folder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:28 am 

Hi Jack,

I joined CVA day before yesterday and I too use XPlane 11. I have managed to get Xacars running. Let me know if you are still facing issues. Haven't made a flight yet - but still figuring out rest of the stuff.

Regards,
Indrajit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:17 am 

Here are a couple of questions that I now have based on my first flight experience in X-Plane 11 - Xacars:

1. My first flight I made from CYHZ (Halifax, Stanfield Intl.) to CYYG (Charlottetown Airport). Should my next flight have to be from CYYG or can I choose any other airport? Given that this is Virtual Airlines - there should be some restriction on the subsequent flights.

2. I am currently keeping CVAcars activated so that Xacars can extract the information based on the flight number. Once I download the information on Xacars, the suggested aircraft comes up populated. Now in case I wish to fly a different model - should I change it in Xacars or let it be the default aircraft?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

indrajitsg wrote:
1. My first flight I made from CYHZ (Halifax, Stanfield Intl.) to CYYG (Charlottetown Airport). Should my next flight have to be from CYYG or can I choose any other airport? Given that this is Virtual Airlines - there should be some restriction on the subsequent flights.

First welcome to CVA... You can pick and choose any route as long as they are the same Class Route for your rating. Ne restriction for subsequent flights.

Quote:
2. I am currently keeping CVAcars activated so that Xacars can extract the information based on the flight number. Once I download the information on Xacars, the suggested aircraft comes up populated. Now in case I wish to fly a different model - should I change it in Xacars or let it be the default aircraft

You should change the info in Xacars so that when you post your logged flight the data will reflect your information, it is not necessary but does keeps the integrity of the information you log.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:00 pm 

Hi,
My first trip PIREP got rejected! Any idea why that happened?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:32 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Indrajit,

Sorry about that - I had rejected it as the log was blank and had no data but I did see you online flying just now as well. Please see if you can get the logs to populate. I have not used XPlane in many years andI may need to invest in it and play and see if I can figure that one out as well.

I have re-approved the initial flight for you too.

As well - Welcome to CVA and hope you enjoy your time with us! We're a small but happy crew here with lots of liveries and flexibility :D If you have any questions just post in the forums. Many members are very knowledgeable and happy to assist.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:47 pm 

Thanks Darryl.

When you say logs - do you mean the pirep files? Other than that I have no clue of any other logs.

BTW, you should check out the latest version of X-plane 11. A very active community and it is state of the art in flight simulation.

Regards,
Indrajit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:39 am 
Site Admin

indrajitsg wrote:
Thanks Darryl.

When you say logs - do you mean the pirep files? Other than that I have no clue of any other logs.

BTW, you should check out the latest version of X-plane 11. A very active community and it is state of the art in flight simulation.

Regards,
Indrajit

Hi indrajit!

Yes - that is what I was referring to - the pirep files. For instance, if you go to the pilot roster page and click on my pilot id number (I'm in the Vancouver Hub) you will see my details as a pilot. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see my list of flights. Click on one of the most recent flight numbers. That will bring up the log details that is recorded (under the "Additional Log Information") that is recorded by the CVAcars client during your flight. This is what is missing from your filed pireps when you use XAcars - it just comes up blank. It is also how we usually determine when a pilot has been following general procedures for their flight (i.e. - not using simulated rate speed increase, actual taxi / flight time, etc). It's basically the ACARS data that we are looking for.

Will definitely need to take a look at XPlane 11 - it looks really appealing and maybe now that it has come a long way and more popular some developers will start to develop more for it and tie in to the VATSIM network, etc.

Hope this info helps.

CVA7769

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:24 am 

When I load up my saved pirep files - this is what I see:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

indrajitsg wrote:
When I load up my saved pirep files - this is what I see:

I'm assuming that you are flying XPlane then and using the XAcars program? Hence why you cannot use the CVAcars program?

What do you see if you click on the Flight Data via ACARS out of curiosity? Is there a log at all there?

CVA7769

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next