It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: What a hassle
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:45 pm 

Well, no flying for over a week now, been busy trying and trying to get FSX back on my computer. Windows 10 just didn't want to let me reload after a major meltdown of the sim. So, like a fool, I thought that I would just restart everything, from Windows 10 on up. Well, that sure as heck didn't work, ended up with no computer! So thought about things for a bit and thought some more. So thought, back to Windows 7 which I have a license and disk for... wouldn't install as it was actually an update. So look through all my old disks both in my desk area and storage area and found my XP disks so installed XP. Almost didn't want to install any other operating system but it is a 32 bit system and almost all my other programs are now 64 bit, so update to Windows 7. Into Windows 7 and MS in all their crappy user support said that the operating system numbers were not longer any good. Called them and finally got into Windows 7. Thought for a few minutes and decided that I would install everything in Windows 7 as I knew that previously it worked, CRAP!!!! Same error with Windows 7 now, the famous Error Code 1628. Tried everything I could find online to overcome this problem (lots of different remedies but none of the would fully work for me). So installed Windows 10 and purchased the Steam edition and got it installed and spent days getting my addons and sceneries installed. Finished this afternoon, tomorrow check everything out and should be flying again soon.

Also bought P3D V3 and going to set it up as well, been hearing good things about it.

Post subject: Re: What a hassle
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

wow what a hassle. Do you have any hair on your head left? Good to see you made progress.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:13 pm 

Finally up and flying again, couple of flights on the books. Bought the Majestic Q400 a couple of years ago and have never flown it as didn't want to spend the time getting the skills to use it properly. Two flights flown now and still not very good with it but will keep trying. Gotten lazy with the NGX 737 and the like, more skill required for the Q400 so that is good. Will get it all figured out sooner rather than later. Having trouble setting up Linda for the Majestic, some research required.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:08 pm 

Just a note on the Q400, have Linda all set up now, working great. Have my Saitek switch panel and auto pilot panels set up, switches are set to do the most important Q400 items that you have to use regularly, the auto pilot is controlled by the push buttons with small stickons identifying the actual control, the rudder trim (which is important on this bird) is the rotary. Headsup panel and parking brake are utilized through yoke switches. Makes life a lot easier to handle this bird, not simple but easier.

The VNAV is troublesome on this bird, you can't take shortcuts or it will disconnect and go into pitch hold mode if you are not watching. All in all, a lot of fun flying this bird and trying to keep it as real as possible. Forgot bleed air after takeoff a couple of times and ended up getting warnings about pressurization in the tube.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:58 pm 

When you forget to keep an eye on cabin pressure:

Robert

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]