It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: xplain
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:00 pm 

Anyone here using Xplane? Not having any luck with fs9 or fsx and windows 10 - might have to try Xplane or Prepar 3d.

Cheers Bill

Post subject: Re: x-PLANE
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:30 pm 

Downloaded x-plane yesterday and spent the day getting familiar - quite a learning curve as its totally different than fsx. I had no luck getting fs9 to start or fsx to load up. Doesn't seem as if Microsoft gives a hoot about fixing the problem. I'll just plug along with x-plane for now. Don't know if I can fly online with it? I must say, the aircraft flight dynamics are much better with x-pane. Still have much to learn. Lots of fun and will keep me occupied for awhile.

Cheers Bill

Post subject: Re: X-Plane
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:52 pm 

Check my post on Windows 10 anyone I have all three installed in Windows 10 X-Plane is totally compatible but like they say there is a bit of a learning curve, for instance if you want scenery you have to install four programs first and then put additional scenery in, you will have to search the X-Plane site and look for these files Open SceneryX-Installer-Windows.zip ,ff_library_extended_LOD.zip R2_Library.7z and RuScenery.zip the first on has an auto installer but the last three you just copy and paste into Custom scenry file . You will ned to get Xpuipc and XSquawkBox_12.zip from the web to connect to the internet as well .these install in the resources folder in Plugins..which then will show up at the top of the screen . all this can be found on the X-Plane site and lots of information in the forums as well .. I had X-Plane 9 and couldn't make it work but X-Plane 10 is a whole lot better ..

One word of caution always click on File and Quit to exit X-Plane not the red X in the top right corner ..Doesn't like that way to disconnect it .

Good luck ..

While you can

Burt Dykeman

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]