It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pirep shows incorrect destination
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:49 pm 

This is curious... I distinctly recall flying out and landing at Sandspit (CYZP) on my last flight, and yet it has been filed as a flight to Terrace (CYXT) in the PIREP. :shock: :| :lol:

I wonder what oddment of random logic could have brought about such a perplexing mismatch between document and (sim-)reality... :roll:

should be easy enough to fix, I hope - just alter the destination (or perhaps the flight number, should that be at fault for the mishap) on the logs to read CYZP, where my J41 is currently parked...

just a side note - all my flights for CVA have been flown on the J41, tail number C-GWCK, as seen here: http://imgur.com/a/RxaPh#0 8)

another weird thing - the route indicated is the one I had intended for a following flight back to Vancouver - check it out: http://canadianva.com/phpvms/index.php/ ... view/18995

The actual route used was CYPR DCT CYZP

thanks in advance!

cheers

Post subject: Re: Pirep shows incorrect destination
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:16 pm 

Good evening,

If this can help you as I fly with CVA since 2010, maybe you bid 2 flights and even if you prepare your flight plan in Flight Simulator
for example from CYUL to CYOW and your first flight bid is CYOW to CYUL it will register under this one.
Now it is maybe something else.

Best Regards

JC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:14 am 
Site Admin

CVA1408 wrote:
This is curious... I distinctly recall flying out and landing at Sandspit (CYZP) on my last flight, and yet it has been filed as a flight to Terrace (CYXT) in the PIREP. :shock: :| :lol:

I wonder what oddment of random logic could have brought about such a perplexing mismatch between document and (sim-)reality... :roll:

should be easy enough to fix, I hope - just alter the destination (or perhaps the flight number, should that be at fault for the mishap) on the logs to read CYZP, where my J41 is currently parked...

just a side note - all my flights for CVA have been flown on the J41, tail number C-GWCK, as seen here: http://imgur.com/a/RxaPh#0 8)

another weird thing - the route indicated is the one I had intended for a following flight back to Vancouver - check it out: http://canadianva.com/phpvms/index.php/ ... view/18995

The actual route used was CYPR DCT CYZP

thanks in advance!

cheers

Yes JC is right. The system shows you have 3 open flights, 1 from the 5th of June and two others from the 8th of June. With the Acars you need to fly or delete the earlier bids first.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:38 am 

Ah, that explains a lot - I wasn't too sure what exactly a bid implied 'til just now - thanks for clarifying that. There's no option (that I could find) to clear a bid from CVAcars, does that mean it has to be done via the website then? or is there a built-in way of managing bids that I haven't figured out perhaps? :roll:

Sorry for making a mess - Still learning the ropes with this thingamabob :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:35 am 
Site Admin

You are correct William, from the web site only (requires a double click)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]