It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: saitek pro flight yoke help
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:46 pm 

first off I got my yoke and quadrant couple days ago and tried to set it up but fsx is not saving it. What I am doing is in the saitek software I am creating a profile so that I can use all three modes. Then in fsx I am assigning all the keys that I created in the profile. Then I fly every thing seems to work but then exit out of flight sim and go back and it didnt save. When I do it I go to settings controls set up then hit ok and go back to main setting click save then save under my save cfg. Is there a better way I have heard that setting up through fsuipc is the best but will I still be able to switch between the modes. I really like having the modes. And how are you guys setting up like what functions do you setup. I fly the e145; 737 ngx and eventually the md 11 thanks. Oh and one more thing when i set keys to control lets say alt hold or auto loc it dosent seem to make anything light up on the autopilot is the because of the payware or is that not what I think it is thanks.

Post subject: Re: saitek pro flight yoke help
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:26 pm 

oh and I do have registered version of fsuipc so if there is a way to set this yoke up through that and still use my mode select I think that would be the best I am trying to do

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:11 pm 

Mike,
Have you tried right clicking the icon for the yoke on your task bar and selecting your profile from there? It should be listed at the top of the drop down. You'll also notice further down that list a selection to "clear startup" which will leave you in a state that you described in your post.

HTH
Gary

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:31 pm 

Yes, you have to activate the profile you want to use before the flight. I have the Saitek Pro yoke, pedals and quadrant and have set up the settings through the FSX settings menu. The only button I have (for now) set up through the Saitek programming is the red button on the left backside of the yoke. I have set it to use the keyboard "right Ctrl" which I use for push and talk key for the COM1 radio.
This works well because I have the same settings/keys for every plane I fly and fly mostly in VC anyway. The only thing I have to change in the FSX settings is the "left propeller" to "engine three throttle" if I want fire up the good old CaptSim 727.

I guess I could program a different mode to use with the 727.

Jaakko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:34 pm 

yes I do have my profile selected. The profile works as advertised my mode button works when progamming all the buttons thru fsx its just that fsx loses the controls. that I have assigned right now I am reading the fsuipc manual trying to figure that out seeing if I can use that instead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:40 pm 

see I am trying to program all the buttons but when I save under settings in the fsx it seems to erase all the button changes I have made. Cause what I am trying to accomplish is mode 1 startup which will control engine starts, brakes, lights, the mode 2 is all my autopilot stuff, then mode 3 is radios. I use the vc cockpit as well but like using all the buttons just cause I have them I guess.lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:56 pm 

mikethompson wrote:
yes I do have my profile selected. The profile works as advertised my mode button works when progamming all the buttons thru fsx its just that fsx loses the controls. that I have assigned right now I am reading the fsuipc manual trying to figure that out seeing if I can use that instead

Just to clarify, I mean to say to actually use the dropdown in the taskbar to set your profile. If that still isn't it I can't think of anything else but possibly in FSX "Settings> Controls and on the "Calibration" tab check to see if "Enable controllers" is checked. I know in the earlier releases of the Saitek Profile editor software there were issues with the FSX default shortcuts conflicting with the Saitek shortcuts I don't think that is related to your problem but you may want to check under Settings>Controls> "Button/Keys tab in the "Joystick" column to ensure that there are no assignments listed for the Yoke. There should be none whatsoever in that column!

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:50 pm 

Just to clarify, I mean to say to actually use the dropdown in the taskbar to set your profile. If that still isn't it I can't think of anything else but possibly in FSX "Settings> Controls and on the "Calibration" tab check to see if "Enable controllers" is checked. I know in the earlier releases of the Saitek Profile editor software there were issues with the FSX default shortcuts conflicting with the Saitek shortcuts I don't think that is related to your problem but you may want to check under Settings>Controls> "Button/Keys tab in the "Joystick" column to ensure that there are no assignments listed for the Yoke. There should be none whatsoever in that column![/quote]

so do you mean within fsx and going to settings and selecting saitek flight yoke for the controls or do you mean going to taskbar clicking the yoke icon then clicking on the profile and making the yoke icon turn green. and if so then yes my problem is i can get most buttons to work and to use my mode button (except a lot of the auto pilot functions but think thats do to my payware aircraft. using feelthere erj145 currently) and when in settings I hit my yoke buttons and they come up as I have programmed them in the saitek profile its just that after I have programed them and I click ok then go to main settings page then save them under my cfg file mike.cfg then go fly exit out of fsx reload it then it resets itself. like I never changed anything

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:57 pm 

not sure what I did differently but it looks like it might be working

so onto next problem is there a way to program my flight stick so I can controll auto pilot function such as alt and hdg nav airspeed and things like that I tried but didnt seem to work in game no lights came on the auto pilot the heading increase decrease did work but that was all the ap master light didnt even come on thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:14 pm 

If you program with the Saitek software you have to activate the profile by making the yoke icon green. You can also use the default FSX control settings and assign different autopilot commands for the yoke buttons. I have programmed autopilot on/off, hdg on/ off and some other commands for the yoke buttons through the FSX settings.

There are some default key/yoke button combinations which are programmed by default to the Saitek yoke. Some of them might interfere with the ones you are trying to create. You have to scroll through the FSX control settings to see if you aready have a key/button assigned for some other function. If you find double ones, delete the one you do not want to use. In the FSX settings you have keyboard key commands such as L for lights. For every such event it is possible to program also a yoke button. The same commands work with the payware planes too. I use the same yoke settings for every plane.

Jaakko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:26 pm 

okay cool thanks jaakko think I got things situated for some odd reason if I tried to program to many buttons it would reset instead of saving so I just did a couple buttons then saved sort of thing kinda weird but whatever it works as for the autopilot I am about to fly now so I will check it out and see if it works.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:32 pm 

so it looks like everything seems to be working my ap and everything. :? so one more question I dont have pedals yet should I get or is it not really that big of a deal and could put money into better things. Such as radio stack or something

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:16 am 

With pedals you get the rudder and toe brakes. They add a nice touch to flying, but are not a must if you have other hardware in mind. The good thing about simulators is that you can add to it bit by bit. Soon you will need a bigger house to fit in the cockpit section of a demolished 737... :mrgreen:

Jaakko

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:46 pm 

yeah that will be awhile yet. Ordered through ebay some place in hong kong. Have to wait for them to ship it then brokerage fees then customs probably wont see the thing for 3 months. If we have any heavy machine operators that offer cva member discounts that would be awesome. I am in the ottawa ontario region thanks. :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]