It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Idea for New Routes
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:36 am 

I was thinking, that maybe a couple smaller airports, such as Kingston (CYGK) that have routes between maybe one airport, could have more routes with more planes? On a more personal level, I know much about CYGK, and it would be nice to fly other planes in and out of that airport, and maybe not only to and from Toronto Pearson (CYYZ)...

I know as of this post, I've only recorded around 10 flights.
One of them, my first, was a manual PIREP filed, I timed the flight from Kingston to Toronto using a timer, and it took an hour and 24ish minutes in a DHC-6. Airports like Kingston have long enough runways to take off any regional plane. I realize that we have hundreds of flights that we can fly, and not all of them have even been flown, but maybe a small improvement to the regional routes would be nice. There are airports like London and Sarnia that are small, but still follow more than one route in different planes. Smaller airports, like Kingston and Picton, have very limited options.

I kindly ask for some improvements to routes to and from airports that some active members know by heart, or at least some program thing that would allow a custom route.

--CVA Pilot 1210
Lone Recon/Dylan Hammond

Post subject: Re: Idea for New Routes
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:04 am 
Site Admin

Hi Dylan, Welcome to CVA. I am not sure what kind of route improvements would like but just to let you know we have over 1600 routes in our database. :?:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:52 am 

CVA9214 wrote:
Hi Dylan, Welcome to CVA. I am not sure what kind of route improvements would like but just to let you know we have over 1600 routes in our database. :?:

Hi, I mentioned the many routes in my post.
I think that (and this only really affects Class 1-2 pilots, maybe class 3) smaller airports, like CYGK (I use that alot because that is a local airport for myself), could get more routes, like not only one route from Kingston to Toronto, but more like Kingston to Montreal, Kingston to Ottawa, to North Bay, to other airports. This obviously is not helping anything really, because we have over 1600 routes, like you said. It's simply a suggestions. (A quick question, is it required to use the listed aircraft on each flight? I would love to fly the CYGK-CYYZ route more often, but I would prefer a different plane...)

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for clearing this up. I have looked up on Flightaware and saw there are flight to and from Kingston from locations such as Montreal, Hamilton, Quebec and Moosenee. I will get you some flights up. But first I must finish the the work on the existing flight database that I said would be done months ago. Lately I have been very busy in my personnal life but I expect to have extra time in the next month as winter is here and work slows up a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:08 pm 

Thanks a lot, and I understand that you are very busy. Take the time you need.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Dylan,

Welcome aboard here at CVA. CYGK is your local airport you say? Interesting! I'm over here at CNL3 and have also been the Vice President for the Kingston Flying Club for the past 5 years :) Looks like we are almost neighbours!

Recently we have been seeing the Embraer 170 (I believe that was the model) flying into Kingston. They have a 5000' runway (just shy of that actually) with ILS so we should be able to get some upgraded Class 1 / 2 routes in there at some point. Kingston is near and dear to my heart as well and I continue to fly in there (real world - I'm a C172 pilot) every so often as well :)

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:36 am 

I certainly remember stopping at Kingston on our CVA 10th Anniversary flight in the Cessna, Darryl. And I noticed how much you enjoyed walking into the lounge, like you owned the place! :D

Bring Kingston routes in! Bring Kingston routes in! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:49 pm 
Site Admin

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
I certainly remember stopping at Kingston on our CVA 10th Anniversary flight in the Cessna, Darryl. And I noticed how much you enjoyed walking into the lounge, like you owned the place! :D

Bring Kingston routes in! Bring Kingston routes in! :mrgreen:

You mean I don't own the place??? :wink: :D

Ya, that was a great time! Now that I know we have a few more of us in the area (from western Quebec Region to Kingston) who knows if maybe I'll find some time this summer for another flight. I'm actually flying out of CYSH nowadays as I switched flying clubs :) Unfortunately with me traveling so much I have not had the chance to get up nearly as often as I would like...sigh...one of these days!!! :)

And yes...bring on the Kingston routes! :)

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:11 am 

Where is the special CVA 10th anniversary default Cessna 172 repaint at to use it with those Kingston Routes*Wink*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:36 am 

Req CRJ route from CYEG to CYZF round trip please. Only thing I see is a class 4 767, I know a CRJ and 737 runs between YEG and YZF. Just like a CRJ and 737 runs YEG and YXY. Please a 737 and DHC6 from YZF to YVQ to YEV round trip.

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:44 am 

CAF440 wrote:
Req CRJ route from CYEG to CYZF round trip please. Only thing I see is a class 4 767, I know a CRJ and 737 runs between YEG and YZF. Just like a CRJ and 737 runs YEG and YXY. Please a 737 and DHC6 from YZF to YVQ to YEV round trip.

DC-4 Route would be Ideal (CVA Cargo)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:04 am 

I see there are no routes departing CYKF, Waterloo Regional, my local airport so here are some suggested routes (from FlightAware) of actual arrivals and departures for CYKF.

WestJet 557: CYKF-CYYC: ASP RIMBE HML 4930N 10000W SHAWI ALOMO KAXOM6
WestJet 556: CYYC-CYKF: HUSAR J504 YEA 4930N 10000W DLH ECK V216 YWT ZKF
Aircraft: B737-700

Bearskin 326: CYKF-CYOW: TESUK T781 BOMET MIVOK KANIK LANRK
Bearskin 325: CYOW-CYKF: YOW T616 ARTHR
Aircraft: Fairchild Dornier SA-227DC Metro (twin-turboprop)

American Eagle 2977: CYKF-KORD: ECK J94 FNT WYNDE4
American Eagle 3223: KORD-CYKF: EBAKE WISMO POSTS PADDE SVM YXU
Aircraft: Embraer ERJ-145 (twin-jet)

Just a thought,
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:20 am 

Chris CVA1140 wrote:
I see there are no routes departing CYKF, Waterloo Regional, my local airport so here are some suggested routes (from FlightAware) of actual arrivals and departures for CYKF.

WestJet 557: CYKF-CYYC: ASP RIMBE HML 4930N 10000W SHAWI ALOMO KAXOM6
WestJet 556: CYYC-CYKF: HUSAR J504 YEA 4930N 10000W DLH ECK V216 YWT ZKF
Aircraft: B737-700

Bearskin 326: CYKF-CYOW: TESUK T781 BOMET MIVOK KANIK LANRK
Bearskin 325: CYOW-CYKF: YOW T616 ARTHR
Aircraft: Fairchild Dornier SA-227DC Metro (twin-turboprop)

American Eagle 2977: CYKF-KORD: ECK J94 FNT WYNDE4
American Eagle 3223: KORD-CYKF: EBAKE WISMO POSTS PADDE SVM YXU
Aircraft: Embraer ERJ-145 (twin-jet)

Just a thought,
Chris

Awesome, Another member close to YKF Other then me!

As For routes to/from YKF there should be 2 round trips, one from YKF to YUL, the other is YKF to ORD, Both are Class 2 Flights.
CVA2066 (CYKF - CYUL)
Departure: 10:30 EST Arrival: 11:30 EST
Equipment: ERJ145LR (C-FBMK) Distance: 356mi
Days Flown: Su M T W Th F S
Route: YYZ Q951 SANIN MIGLO HABBS2

CVA2065 (CYUL - CYKF)
Departure: 08:30 Arrival: 09:30
Equipment: ERJ145LR (C-FBMK) Distance: 356mi
Route: YUL SAVEX KANUR LETAK T616 KEDVI ARTHR

CVA4363 (CYKF - KORD)
Departure: 08:30 EST Arrival: 09:35 EST
Equipment: ERJ145LR (C-FBMK) Distance: 396mi
Route: ECK J94 FNT WYNDE4

CVA4364 (KORD - CYKF)
Departure: 10:15 Arrival: 11:15
Equipment: ERJ145LR (C-FBMK) Distance: 396mi
Route: EBAKE WISMO POSTS PADDE SVM YXU

Edit: it hasn't been Waterloo Regional for years (March 2004 after Northwest Airlines announced that it would run daily flights to Detroit), it's now "Region of Waterloo International Airport", Waterloo Regional is now KALO in Waterloo, Iowa

Right now IRL, There's Class 1 CYKF to CYOW (Metroliner), Class 2 CYKF to KORD (Already added to CVA Route List, ERJ 145), Class 3 CYKF to CYYC (737-700). Class 3 Seasonal from CYKF to MDPC (Punta Cana, 737-800, for some reason Wikipedia now shows that it's MMUN Cancun,Mexico instead of MDPC Punta Cana, Dominican Republic). also not listed on Wikipedia for some reason, but Nolinor Aviation Very Recently (This month) Started Charter flights using Boeing 737-200's up to Nunavut for a Mining Operation. Flightaware only lists 2 flights for it so far, one yesterday and today (September 25th and 26th) Yesterdays: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NRL9 ... /CYKF/CYFB
Todays: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NRL9 ... /CYKF/CYFB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:38 am 

Hello YKF "Neighbour"!

I just realized after reviewing the flights that I'm just being shown the Class 1 flights. That would make sense when viewing by departure airports that no flights where showing for CYKF as the two routes you mentioned are Class 2 flights which I'm not elegible for yet. Probably was a post on that which I overlooked.

Thanks for the correction too....I must have been sleepy....calling YKF Waterloo Regional still, silly me. :lol:

Well maybe we could add the CYKF to CYOW, Class 1 someday.

Chris

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]