It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:54 am 

Just wondered if anyone is flying this amazing airplane (payware)? I just got it - yeah $70 bucks I know -it was a birthday present. It's a--- well let's just say a lot more involved than the PAD version. You can even taxi in reverse with this thing!! I'd appreciate being able to ask some questions to anyone who is using it. I've gotten it off the ground and even landed, but there is still much to learn.
Thx.

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:41 pm 

I was looking at it but it says it's for FS9. Does anyone know if it will work in FSX?

Image Image

What is that goat doing way up here in the clouds?
www.virtual-skies.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

This artical was quoted from a news story at Avsim. looks like there new versions is for FS9 and FSX.

Majestic Software Dash 8 Q300 New Release

Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 14:40
Majestic Software introduces a new TRAINING edition of the award-winning Dash8-Q300 aircraft addon for FS2004 and FSX. This package is intended as a training aid for the professional pilots and technicians, as well as for the CBT system familiarization and demonstrations.

The Training edition was a former AIRLINE edition, which has been in use in many flight schools. The Training edition is fully hardware cockpit enabled, and can be used to build home cockpits of various complexities.

Majestic Software is also releasing updates for their Pilot and Pro editions, enabling their customers to use the Navigraph Nav data, FMC fixes and the Windows 7 compatibility. This update comes with an all-in-one installers, which users can download from their website.

Majestic Software has compiled a preview paper with the working samples, and the list of things to expect when the new Dash-8Q400 addon is released. The preview can be found at the Majestic Software Q-400 preview. (Adobe PDF reader is required)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:10 pm 

Impressive.

I just fired up the default 747 earlier today, my god it sucks. Looks like I'll have to check out Majestic and see what they have available.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:42 pm 
Site Admin

CVA0014 wrote:
Impressive.

I just fired up the default 747 earlier today, my god it sucks. Looks like I'll have to check out Majestic and see what they have available.

Bah - if ya want a real challenge go with the LDS767!

From what I have heard it's quite the in depth plane and I think was evaluated / designed by 30+ 767 pilots.

Daryl Shuttleworth can probably comment further or Big Bad Bill :) (Or even that Rob Vanderkam guy who has the manual to go along with it) :D

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:33 pm 

The plane (Majestic Dash 8-300) is available for FSX - just recently. I'm learning it. So far:

The plane uses nose wheel steering and engine computer units to allow propeller angle control while taxiing. RPM stays pretty constant. This makes it almost as fun to taxi as to fly. Propeller angle is from 19 deg forward to neg 12 deg reverse. You can back the plane out of the gate without a pushback, then literally turn the plane around on itself with the nose wheel and taxi smoothly using prop pitch to control speed. Very little, or no braking is required. Majestic says it's just like the real thing -
I wouldn't know.

There is a heads up display for approaches and the plane can do CAT III autoland and CAT III takeoffs on ILS runways. I haven't figured it out yet but it's there.

Because the prop pitch is fully simulated you use that, not spoilers, to slow down if necessary on approach. There are no manually operated spoilers on a Dash 8. At touchdown you can also use the prop pitch like reverse thrusters on a jet to slow down before braking.

The FMC is used for GPS-type navigating/flying. You cannot load FSX flight plans (bummer). You have to enter the waypoints manually. It has Navdata - SIDS/STARS and can pre-program holds.

The fully functional autopilot can maintain a pretty constant KIAS or Vertical Pitch during ascent. I haven't tried it on descent yet.

I'm still learning but so far this plane feels and handles like an expensive payware aircraft should.

Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: Majestic Dash8-300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:26 am 

I know this is a really old post but I am in the same situation if anyone has any pointers on this aircraft I have a few questions thanks
cva 1203
mike thompson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:39 pm 

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows how to autoland the Majestic Dash8-300 on an ILS runway?

Regards Graeme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

Hmmm...apparently not! I am waiting for the maintenance department to finish repairing the landing gear and do a structural inspection after my last two attempts. Fortunately there were no pax onboard or we would be up to our ears in injury lawsuits. :P

I'll keep you posted!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:33 pm 

It,s been a long time since I flew this one. If I can find my installation maybe I'll give it a shot again. As I remember, it was a rather difficult bird to fly well. I know I had problems calibrating the throttle.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:44 am 
Site Admin

Got it sorted. After three sets of landing gear, I finally found out that it does not have an autoland feature. It is capable of CAT III landings though. Once you have both Nav radios tuned to the ILS frequencies and the Course set on both the pilot and co-pilot side, you can get direction information to hand fly it to the runway with the heads up display. The full details are with the manual around page 51.

Have fun, but you will still have to land it stick and rudder.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:30 am 

okay so you guys are flying this aircraft? cause I am not a software engineer and my majestic dash 8 has more problems than I can put in one post. has any one else had problems with lets say after 20 minutes starting everything punching in route in fmc dialing all radios then turn engines on for your aircraft to run into building. Happened 3 out of 6 flights so far. Oh and I had parking brake on even tried other brake. Or how about the auto pilot turning off and aircraft does a "uncontrollable" nose down dive and goes side to side till you crash. theres one more but cant remember. I have had such bad luck with this aircraft unless someone can offer any help I am putting this thing in the scrap pile. Paid 40 dollars and spent 20 hours trying to get it to work and I am not the only one cause google shows tons of people same problems just no fixes. I have deleted reinstalled, a couple times I have updated. but nothing. And I know I am new to this but trust me I am 90 percent sure these are problems both of those problems mentioned above have happened a couple of times didnt have any cautions come on or anything. Wasnt close to airport just flying cruise level and speed.

So please if anyone can offer anyhelp that would be amazing oh and I have this link for those of you that the aircraft works for its the normal operating procedures I cant really use them anyway. http://bathursted.ccnb.nb.ca/fanda/docu ... edures.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:01 am 

Do they have forums for it? Might find some answers there.

Image....Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:26 pm 

Yeah I've checked the forums a bit only spent a little time on there I will do some
Will do some more over the weekend just upset that I have to do all this after
Getting that hoping that there are people smarter than who know what to do well off to the forums

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:31 am 

So no one wanted to tell me about fsuipc wow! Hahaha yeah so I install that and did some fsx tweeks and
Now the aircraft seems to fly amazing so happy and it only took a week to figure out. I'm really enjoying this aircraft
Now that I got all the bugs worked out.even landed a couple times which is better that what I was doing in the freeware bird. If any runs into the same problem just download the newest
Updates and fsuipc I have registered version but it shouldn't make a difference.

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next