It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: looking to buy some payware need help
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:58 am 

MD11 :) sort of like going for your "driving test" in a Ferrari. Could be a bit intimidating. Good luck and happy reading.

Cheers Bill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:42 pm 

Dont give up on it, its one of the best ones out there, once you get the hang of it. :shock:
There is some tutorials out there, I did them a few times to get going.
Dont get the PMDG747 they are coming out with a new one soon, right after the 777.

Image....Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 pm 

it's not a Aircraft, but i highly Recommend Getting FS Passengers, it's a really cool Addon for Fight Sim. I also Recommend Getting Ultimate Terrain, i like how it adds the roads/makes them easier to see in FS9.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:48 pm 

dont worry cal I will get er done. I know it will be awhile but the payoff is where its at. and I will wait on the 747 thanks for the heads up. Have a question about the majestic dash 8 . I start up fsx and with panel cold and dark the plane goes forward at least 50 feet before my brakes can stop it. I make sure that that on my controller throttle is off and cant seem to figure out why it is happening. I am going to try and delete and restall but other than that dont know. Cause If I am near and building when fsx loads up I crash :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:23 pm 

thanks lord I have passengers havent tried it yet but will soon just have to much going on a one time. When I get into something I like to dive face first and hope I make it back up for air hahaha.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:35 am 

Sorry don't have that Dash 8, waiting for the PMDG one. :P

Image....Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:53 am 

yeah I updated the aircraft file and the gauges and it pretty much stopped doing it. just does a little hop but I am fine with that. Otherwise pretty good. Got her in the air for a bit. Pretty nice.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:23 pm 

Mike: If you haven't already, I would recommend that you purchase a set of yoke and pedals. You will not regret it. There are a couple of companys that make them. CH Products is the one I use and highly recommend - Saitek is another one. I believe you would be well served with either one. Money well spent.

Cheers Bill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:16 am 

thanks bill trust me its on my to do list xmas new computer i5 3570 3.4ghz quad processor 8 gb ram ddr 3 1600 and a evga geforce gt 640 1gb at 1.06 mhz video card two monitors.
Then my anniversary is february and thats when I get the yoke and hopefully pedals. Then track ir sometime after that. I only splured on aircraft just so that I can learn them now and to make sure to see if I am going to stick with it plus I cant help that i was able to get everything on sale. once I can fly a payware plane without problems then I feel I deserve the yoke and pedals. Cause I want them so bad I have a logitech attack 3 joystick but yeah it sucks I did take out the spring in it cause I think it was giving me wrist problems flying the cessna's lol.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

I have used both the CH Products yoke and the Saitek yoke. The CH yoke that I used had a plastic shaft that went through plastic bushings and the movement was a little sticky after time. The Saitek yoke is a chromed shaft that seems to slide quite well. In over three years of operation, it hasn't given any grief...at least after it was replaced. :oops:

I actually purchased the Saitek as soon as they came available but there was an issue with the first version. It would randomly generate keystrokes on its own. After a few months of emails to Saitek, they finally shipped me a new yoke and said they would give me a FedEx sticker to send the old one back. Got the new yoke but no sticker to send back the old one. The old one is still sitting on the shelf in the garage..I will keep it for parts if need be.

The ones on the market now are said to be problem free and of decent quality. I have no recent experience with the current CH Products yoke. I know my CH Product pedals finally died. They wore out that badly that I couldn't calibrate the toe brakes to keep them from coming on. The Saitek replacements seem to be holding up so far.

Just my two cents....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:25 pm 

I actually purchased the Saitek as soon as they came available but there was an issue with the first version. It would randomly generate keystrokes on its own. After a few months of emails to Saitek, they finally shipped me a new yoke and said they would give me a FedEx sticker to send the old one back. Got the new yoke but no sticker to send back the old one. The old one is still sitting on the shelf in the garage..I will keep it for parts if need be

Thanks for your 2 cents I am very new and can use all the advice I can get. Especially from people that have put some hours on there payware and hardware. I do not have a lot of money so when I spend it I try to make good decisions. I hate putting time and money only to be feel ripped off. by the way what saitek yoke and pedals do you have.

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2