It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: newbie help from the pros
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:27 am 

I wouldn't even worry about Navigraph right now, FSCommander should get you going pretty good. you can do it all now
you can see routes SIDS STARS ahd how they work together. I found "Plan G" works really good for VFR, IFR not so much.
as for planes, at some point you will want a good payware plane, ask a lot of questions there also, some are real duds.
Cant go too wrong with PMDG and Carendo.
I like the Big Iron and have PMDGs 747, 747i, MD-11. I had the MD-11 for over 2 years before I buckeled down and read
the manuals and tried some tutorials (Just the FMC manual is 242 pages, the Systems manual is 543 pages) thank god you
dont have to read it all to get it up and running. :shock:
There is a lot to FSX and many years of enjoyment, and frustration.

Image....Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:09 pm 

Well I am in it for the long haul now. thanks for all the help really appreciate it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:56 pm 

So Today I flew CYQG to CYYZ I used fs commander to plan the flight. Loaded up Cvacars inputed my flight level.
I then started FSX went to cyqg loaded flight plan got my clearance to file and to taxi and to fly.Went to Cvacars started recording Then landed at cyyz. taxied to gate. Went back to Cvacars clicked stop recording flight and it said I hadn't landed it said filed flight then an hour later it said I taxied then game unpaused and then I put on brakes. Did I do something wrong it has worked before for me. this was the first time I used fs commander to plan my route. So maybe I did something there. I filed manually which I hope is okay I do not land that much I always choke. Was so happy with this flight. Then it didnt record right

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:09 pm 

I guess it was just that flight next one worked even though I crashed hahaha They say smoking is bad for your health. Mr reaper is offering me a job. lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:52 am 

You didn't set the brakes after you landed I think. I won't know you landed until you have come to a full stop with brakes on.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:49 am 

Okay guys so I have a few payware planes pmdg b1900d pmdg md11 and majestic dash 8 q300 have fsuipc copilot fsinn fs commander rex(havent really tried it yet cause I think it will bog this system down to much with the payware planes getting new computer for xmas :D plus a bunch of orbx scenery next obviously is yoke,pedals navigraph. I hope to be on vatsim by next week and about a week to two weeks be flying multis now do not hold me to this I work a lot of hours about 50 to 60 a week so I will do my best but in past 7 flights I have crashed once which was do to overstressed aircraft because I forgot to pull back thottle on cruise. I want to thank cal,frank sudeer ,lord aharon and anyone else who has helped me on my way. In about two days if I can figure out how I am deleting this post or if i do not have rights to can someone please delete this post cause I am calling it dead for now on it will be a amature needs help from pros. as I am no longer a newbie thanks for all the help you know who. and if it wasnt for you guys I would have quit after the first week like i did a year ago so thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:40 am 

No problem, I'm sure there will be a couple more questions, I still have a few myself after over 5000 hrs on here.

Image....Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:50 am 

oh I am sure i will have a few questions for you since you mainly fly the md11 :D but I am so happy to be putting up some hours. Lets just say I am not flying anymore I am just landing more. So I would have at least triple the hours if I landed everything and now I am using the sid and stars when availible even though fsx does not let me use them always vectors me another way :( But hopefully on vatsim soon, told my self when I hit over over 80 persent completion rate I would start getting serous for vatsim. So should be seeing you guys online soon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:57 am 

oh and cal if you dont mind taking like a year break so I can catch up that would be awesome. :lol: Trying my best to get as many hours as i can but wow you are killing it. you have flown so much on here you are probably conducting a triple bypass surgery in the middle of making dinner and planning your next flight flying threw a tornado. Do you have picks of your set up I bet you have a legit cockpit in your backyard.:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:05 am 

mikethompson wrote:
Do you have picks of your set up I bet you have a legit cockpit in your backyard.:mrgreen:

I think everyone wishes they had one of those! Any questions on anything but the MD-11 and the J41, feel free to ask.

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3