It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: FlightAware: Charter/Odd Cargo routes to your Home Airport
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:57 am 

just checked Flightaware for CYKF, here's what i find:
AJI9968 (Ameristar Jet Charter "Ameristar") DC-9-10 stopped in to CYKF From KRFD Chicago/Rockford Intl then flew back there: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AJI9968
TSU216 and TSU215 (Contract Air Cargo "Trans-Auto") Boeing 727-200 stopped in to CYKF, 216 came from KRFD Chicago/Rockford Intl while 215 came from KPTK Oakland County Intl, when they left, they both went to KRFD Then to KPTK: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/TSU2 ... /KPTK/CYKF
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/TSU2 ... /KRFD/CYKF
finally, there's KFS915 (Kalitta Charters "KALITTA") DC-9-10 Left CYKF to go to KRFD Chicago/Rockford Intl after arriveing earlyer in the day from KYIP Willow Run: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/KFS9 ... /KYIP/CYKF

Post subject: Re: FlightAware: Charter/Odd Cargo routes to your Home Airpo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:03 pm 

Bump, just checked flight aware again and found this: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AJI9014
AJI9014 Ameristar Jet Charter "Ameristar"
Tulsa Intl KTUL to Waterloo Regional CYKF
Scheduled: 04:15PM CDT Departure
Scheduled: 07:17PM EDT Arrival
Douglas DC-9-10

On another note, what is the difference between the DC 9-10 and the MD-83 and what CVA class would they be, class 2 or class 3?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:46 pm 

Lord Letto wrote:
On another note, what is the difference between the DC 9-10 and the MD-83 and what CVA class would they be, class 2 or class 3?

I have no authority to answer your question but DC9-10 is definitely class 2 and MD-83 is on borderline between class 2 and class 3. I flew on MD-83 for 4 hours from Dallas to NYC. I also flew on MD-83 for 4 or 5 hours from NYC to Caribbean and back.

It is like having tough time answering question on whether E170s and E190s are class 2 or class 3. Most of flights are 2 hours or less for all airlines using E170s or E190s BUT Air Canada uses E190s to fly LONG WAY non stop from Toronto to some remote Bahamas island and back.

DC-9-10 was more for one or 2 hour flight. I flew on that zillion times via Air Canada from NY to Montreal to Ottawa back to Montreal to NY as there was no nonstop flights between NY and Ottawa many years ago.

Aharon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:07 am 

Aharon wrote:
Lord Letto wrote:

DC-9-10 was more for one or 2 hour flight. I flew on that zillion times via Air Canada from NY to Montreal to Ottawa back to Montreal to NY as there was no nonstop flights between NY and Ottawa many years ago.

Aharon

wow, your lucky! According to Wikipedia, Air Canada stopped using their DC-9-10 and -30 in 2002, that's 10 years ago!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:21 pm 

Jeremey,

Well that was when I was little kid!!!

Aharon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:09 pm 

Hah you had a dc9's in the lowlands :lol: :lol: , 2002 I was jetting around on the 737-200C's and pork chopper Dash 8-100's in the Arctic.

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:45 am 

CAF440 wrote:
Hah you had a dc9's in the lowlands :lol: :lol: , 2002 I was jetting around on the 737-200C's and pork chopper Dash 8-100's in the Arctic.

well I did fly L1011s from NY to Montreal and back few times.

Aharon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:01 am 

well according to Wikipedia, Air Canada used the 737-200 till 2004 and the L-1011 till 1996. also, Air Canada Jazz/Jazz Air still uses the Dash 8 100, to quote Wikipedia:
Quote:
34 aircraft operate on behalf of Air Canada, whilst 2 aircraft are part of the charter fleet.[14]
35 aircraft are DHC-8-102s, 1 aircraft is a DHC-8-102A.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:38 pm 

just checked Flightaware and saw that Bearskin Flight 503 made a stopover at CYYZ enroute from CYOW to CYKF:
YOW to YYZ: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BLS5 ... /CYOW/CYYZ
YYZ to YKF: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BLS5 ... /CYYZ/CYKF

Edit: BLS505 enroute from timmins: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BLS505

Edit2: both BLS503 and BLS505 flew from YKF to YFD earlier this morning:
503 YKF to YFD: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BLS5 ... /CYKF/CYFD
505 YKF to YFD: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BLS5 ... /CYKF/CYFD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:51 pm 

Youngsters, DC-3 YXC to YCG to YFF and return... now that was flying.

Also C-47 RCAF air searches, 7 plus hours airborne at low level looking for crashed CF-104... we never did find the aircraft during the search, it was found years later when a glint was seen by a crewman on a chopper.

Also, anyone remember the Yukon... stretched Britannia turbo-prop flown by the RCAF, all the seats faced backwards, flew from YYC to Trenton when I joined the RCAF, then another flight from YVR to YYC when I managed to jump a flight when I was on holidays. That was a great aircraft, it was used for all long haul passenger flying in the RCAF.

Another flight, T-33 Silverstar from Bagotville to Thunder Bay to Moose Jaw to YYC then to YXC and return when I managed to get a free flight home and back when my father died. Each stop was to pick up fuel, at YYC cause we couldn't shut down in YXC as there was no starter system there. A private T-33 that I helped fix up and get flying again that we took to the Abbotsford Airshow (owned by O. Hayden-Bailey as well as a Sea Fury which I did a lot of work on) and had to start it with a Buick and jumper cables... open the hatch where the power buss is, 24 volt system on the aircraft, so disconnect all electrics with breakers except the starter system, turn your head away and put the jumper on the buss, sparks fly and the engine did start, then pull the cables off (they were a bit welded on!) and the pilot would then turn on electrics. Not recommended but worked!

If I am going back to old times, then Harvard (yes the old WWII one) from YEG to Abbotsford for the airshow, was a great flight! An aircraft I completely rewired during its rebuild. Also flying around Alberta in a Chipmunk that I helped rebuild after someone completely screwed up the wiring, had to redo most of it.

From an oldtimer!!!! Cheers Rod :o

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:58 am 

Wow, Rod. Impressive. I don't recall hearing you describe those before. I thought you were just another boring geographer like me. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:03 pm 

I had quite a few flights on the Yukon also. It served us well for quite a number of years. Funny thing Rod, I remember FL Hayden Bailey also. He used to stop in at VU32 quite often. I believe he was friends with one of our pilots, "Turbo Tarling", you may know him also. He flew T33's for a very long time. I think he may have been the original "red knight". When we saw Hayden coming we tried to hide, as we knew he was on the scrounge and, that usually meant extra work for us. :) There was a lot of "free work", etc. went into his aircraft.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:25 pm 

Very interesting posts Rod & Bill.
I saw Hayden-Baillie pass through North Bay several times with his Sea Fury. Loved the sound of it on take-off. I had a few rides on the Yukon as well. Went from Ottawa to Marville on the Comet. I was sort of put out at the time because they loaded the Comet with a bunch of army guys and Boy Scouts before I got on but then I got to sit up front with a headset so that was great. And my seat partner was the Project Manager for acquiring the Yukon. So that was very interesting as well. A wonderful flight with a mind boggling view of London at night. Really first class compared to some of my buddies who got to Marville on a North Star via the Azores! My next flight was on a C-47 from Marville to RAF Locking in the UK. Barely flyable weather as I recall and the sound of ice being thrown off the propellers and hitting the fuselage was pretty impressive to a young LAC to say nothing of a gusty approach and landing where at one point I had a straight on view of the runway out the side window. Then the return flight a couple of years later was on the Yukon sitting opposite the port side engines. Couldn't hear anything for two days after but it was quite a smooth flight.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:14 am 

Looks like we have the RCAF well represented here at CVA.

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]