It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Big Dog Returns!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

Howdy Gents!

Sorry I have been absent for so long but the real world crept up on me and I had to deal with it for a while :D

I've just returned from a well needed vacation where I headed down to Philadelphia, Washington DC, then worked my way back up to Canada to Niagara Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal. I was traveling with the new girlfriend as it was her first big swing through eastern Canada and wanted to be sure she got a good impression :D

Still in catch up mode with work and trying to get caught up on the forum messages.

Just wanted to say a special thank you to Aharon for taking care of posting the multi events in the forums in my absence and also to Frank for taking care of the back end shop. As well, a welcome to a few new pilots I see have joined us - Welcome Aboard!!!

I see the painters have also been hard at work (Cal / Gary / Keith) and wanted to give a shout out to them for their excellent work!

Looks like Chuck is also starting to resurface as well and things are starting to pickup again!

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

Post subject: Re: The Big Dog Returns!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:34 pm 

Darryl,

Welcome back to CVA and you are welcome!!! It was no problem covering events section for CVA!!! Do you want to resume coverage of events starting July 28th as I already have made big blockbuster plans for event for July 21.

Let me know what you prefer.

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Aharon!

Thanks :) Continue along for now and I'll drop you a PM when I am ready to resume again. My schedule is still pretty hectic leading up into late August!!!

CVA7769

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:06 pm 

Shalom Darryl,

Okay no problem Will continue covering CVA events until you are ready to re-assume coverage of the events.

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:22 am 

You're doing a great job, Aharon. Wish I was flying some of those.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:16 am 

Couldn't help note 'new girlfriend' ! You may be busy a while Aaron! Hated to miss this last prop flight and will try for Wed nite. It's been a busy summer.
Barry

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:08 pm 

Rob and Barry,

Thanks for very kind words!!!!! STAY TUNED FOR BLOCKBUSTER EVENT THIS SATURDAY THE 21ST AND THIS WED THE 25TH!!! All of you will be amazed. It is ULTIMATE TEST TO ALL OF YOUR PILOT SKILLS WITHOUT BEING RISKED GETTING SHOT DOWN!!!

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:05 pm 

Welcome back, Darryl. Hope you had a great vacation.

CFB Edmonton, Edmonton, AB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Gents!

Barry - Yep - He may be busy for a while :D Although, the new girlfriend lives in Seattle, Washington and I'm here in Brockville, Ontario...so...I may be traveling a little more often :)

CVA7769

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:26 pm 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Well I do not mind covering events for Darryl but I am not seeing participants in weekly events. My goal for weekly events is between 10 and 20 participants out of 300 current pilots in CVA roster. If other virtual airlines can do it, then this fifteen year old CVA virtual airline can do it.

So what I am going to do is to introduce revolutionary method to try to solve the problem of lack of participation.

The problem might be due to lack of time for pilots to fly in events particularly they might not have time for 90 minute or 2 hour flight. So what I am going to do is to introduce NEW revolutionary method which is to offer TWO flights to same destination: one flight that is 90 minutes or 2 hours and one flight that is 60 minutes or less. For IMAGINARY example, if I decide to pick CYQB Quebec airport for event choice, then I will use 5427(CYVP - CYQB) which is about 90 minute to 2 hour flight and 5703(CYOW - CYQB) which is about 40 minute flight so that this way if CVA pilots have time, they can pick flight from CYVP but if they do not have time, then they can pick short hop flight from CYOW in the SAME event. This will be convenient for all CVA pilots except Cal Jordan who seems to prefer 8 hour SOLE flights:):)

I feel that this is pretty good way to entice CVA pilots into participating in CVA events. If this method does not work, then I will be in next second step forced to change the event time from 8:30 pm EST to 7 pm EST on experimental temporary basis to see if it would work or not.

If the second step does not work, then all of you can fire me as temporary events organizer:):):):) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Wait I do not think all of you can fire me as temporary events organizer because Darryl is coming back soon probably on August to re-assume coverage of the weekly events:):):) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Regards,

Aharon

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]