It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: New Version of CVAcars Available!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:21 pm 
Site Admin

Hi James, take a look in your root folder for CVAcars and see what ico file is there. It should be the CVA file. I just pinned the icon to my taskbar and it stayed as the CVA icon. I am not sure where it is finding the kacars icon from. Also, if you can find any specific flights that the times look screwy, please let me know the flight number so we can investigate further.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:26 pm 
Site Admin

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble with the dropdown list? Half the time I click on it and it seems the list isn't loaded and when I scroll down it hangs. And when I enter a name like cyul, it doesn't return anything - just hangs.

I have FSX running, have checked in in CVAcars, hooked up to FSX, then go to the flight plan tab. I use W7 64.

Just me? :|

Hi Rob, so far it looks like it is just you with this issue. For what it is worth, I would uninstall it from the add/remove programs menu and then find the FSProducts folder on your C drive and delete it. Re-download the installer, make sure that you extract the zip file correctly and run the installer once unzipped. It could be a bad install, it could have been some left over files from the old CVAcars.... don't know for sure but that is at least a starting point.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:45 am 

Hey Chuck,
Yeah I have the cva.ico file in the directory but the icon associated with the .exe is the 'k' icon. The icon shows up as CVA *until* I pin it to the task bar, then it switches to the 'k' icon. Also, you can see that CVA4089 from Ottawa to Sudbury is listed as 0.75 but in the schedule it is 55 minutes while flight CVA5601 is listed as 0.16 and in the schedule the flight is actually 16 minutes (this seems rather short anyway, but that's another story, I'll have to try it). Flight CVA4040 is listed at 1.3 but the schedule has it at 1 hour 40 minutes. There are several like this. I think the notation is odd. When I was real world flying we used 10th of an hour (6 minutes) and then rounded. So a 15 minute flight was 0.3. It is strange to use the decimal place to record minutes directly, but maybe necessary for the way the software works?? The screeny below tries to show both problems. Anyway neither of these cause the slightest issue but I thought I'd mention.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:11 am 

Hi,
When I click on the CONNECT TO FLIGHT SIMULATOR button on the left side I get an error that some files are missing.

"FSUIP error #2: FSUIP_Error_NOFS. Cannot find FSUIP or WideFS running on this machine"

Thanks Roy (CVA1035)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:51 am 
Site Admin

Hello Roy

FSUIPC is a small (dll) file that you install in your FS modules folder. You can get the file here http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html and it has an installer. I think the paid version is the same as the freeware except the paid version has a few extra steps in the install (exe).

Welcome to CVA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:43 pm 

G35Coupe wrote:
Hi,
When I click on the CONNECT TO FLIGHT SIMULATOR button on the left side I get an error that some files are missing.

"FSUIP error #2: FSUIP_Error_NOFS. Cannot find FSUIP or WideFS running on this machine"

Thanks Roy (CVA1035)

I also get an error saying: "error sending message to FSUIPC error #12."
I have the latest version of FSUIPC in my FSX modules.
I tried to uninstalling CVAcars and FSUIPC with no results.
It do not want to connect to FSX at all.
Thank you for your help.
Michel.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:13 am 
Site Admin

Run as administrator perhaps?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:55 am 

I finally be able to log in FS. Frank, thank you for your advice. I must say it is not as easy as it look to run cvacars as an administrator.

I try to achieve that via the program shortcut with no result. Finally I discover that I had to go where the program is on my PC and change the compatibility there to run it as administrator. The application's name is kAcars - Customizable.exe.

So thank you for your help.

Michel :D

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2