GREAT!  64%  64%  [ 7 ]
 Eh, not bad.  36%  36%  [ 4 ]
 (not allowed to vote)  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
 Sucks...  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 11

Post subject: Master ATP Captain and new plane/class suggestion
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:49 pm 

This suggestion is threefold:

1. Make the Concorde only available to Master ATP rank.
2. Make a CVA paint for the Concorde.
3. Assign the Concorde and other planes of its category class 6.

I know a new repaint doesn't make itself, that's why I'm just suggesting, but this would achieve several goals at the same time:

- give some sort of meaning to the rank of Master ATP, 'cause right now they fly the exact same stuff as me, ATP Captain.

- add a new goal to pilots after reaching 175 hours. I and many others like to have a carrot in our face.

- increase the diversity of passenger routes at CVA. I would have no problem adding new Concorde-type routes.

- give CVA a little extra "oomph". It never hurts to offer members a little something extra.

Of course all this is without knowing if adding a new class of aircraft is even possible for Chuck. I'd assume it's probably a single numeric character field in the database, so anything from 1 to 9 could be possible (0 might not be accepted depending on how the programmer has stuff set up).

From the limitted understanding I have, Chuck would not have to do anything. I would use class 6 in the new routes and that would be it, but I've been wrong before, many times. :D

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject: Re: Master ATP Captain and new plane/class suggestion
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:28 pm 

I think a spot for the occasional exotic aircraft is a great idea. I know what you mean about the carrot. I will cross the magic 175 this afternoon and can't wait to pull the Queen and the MD out of the hangar!! I haven't checked, does anybody make a decent Concorde?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:45 pm 

Found references to FS9 versions here:

http://www.simairline.net/messageboards ... =5&t=10970

Quote:
Both the PSS and SSTSIM versions have little advantages over the other. The PSS Concorde is considered to be slightly better looking than the SSTSIM Concorde, whilst the SSTSIM Concorde has better sound than the PSS Concorde. The PSS version is considered easier to fly than the SSTSIM as it has a Virtual Flight Engineer to take up a lot of the duties. The SSTSIM version has a Virtual Fuel Engineer, so you still have to perform a few of the Engineer's duties. I went for the SSTSIM version as I wanted a challenge...and believe me it is a challenge. To give you some idea of it's complexity, the quick start guide for the SSTSIM Concorde is 118 pages long.

FSX Just Flight Concorde
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bIx2rouSx8

Quote:
Let me remind you that all fs2004 add-ons work with fsx.

and
Quote:
i have this thing but its working only in windows XP

Just Flight FAQ
http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=48#FAQ493

Quote:
Will there be an update to make Concorde compatible with Flight Simulator X?

Unfortunately there will be no update to make this product compatible with FSX. The developer of Concorde has ceased trading since the release of the title and therefore we are not able to offer any further updates/upgrades

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:02 pm 

Finally something to check out:

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0111/FltSimLab/SST.html

[u]Test System[/u]

Intel Core Extreme i7-965  3.2Ghz
6GB Tri-Channel DDR3 1600Mhz
EVGA GTX-285 For the Winner
Triple WD VelociRaptor 300GB HDD
Single WD 1TB HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate X64    <----------------------
Flight Simulator FSX SP2
Flight Simulator FS9.1
Saitek Pro Flight System
Saitek X-65F
TrackerIR Pro 4
TrackerClip Pro

Quote:
The Flight Sim Labs Concorde-X is not an add-on airplane you can easily power-up, start the engines, and do some checks all within a few minutes. First of all the user needs to read the manuals. They are well written, informative, and useful. Not only useful, but I should say “a must to read”.

As far as possible within FSX, many systems are simulated and because of this, you need to learn all the ins-and-outs of this aircraft. You and I will learn that your virtual flight engineer will do a lot of things for you as he did it in real aircraft. Furthermore, your co-pilot is also doing a lot of things for you, but here it’s the same; you still need to do a lot of things as the pilot flying.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:06 pm 

Holy crap, I need to stretch this across 2 monitors to be able to see the pics, 2 x 1280.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:39 am 

I Voted GREAT! Anyone know What, if there's one, a Freeware CONC for FS9?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

CVA0014 wrote:
This suggestion is threefold:

1. Make the Concorde only available to Master ATP rank.
2. Make a CVA paint for the Concorde.
3. Assign the Concorde and other planes of its category class 6.

I know a new repaint doesn't make itself, that's why I'm just suggesting, but this would achieve several goals at the same time:

- give some sort of meaning to the rank of Master ATP, 'cause right now they fly the exact same stuff as me, ATP Captain.

- add a new goal to pilots after reaching 175 hours. I and many others like to have a carrot in our face.

- increase the diversity of passenger routes at CVA. I would have no problem adding new Concorde-type routes.

- give CVA a little extra "oomph". It never hurts to offer members a little something extra.

Of course all this is without knowing if adding a new class of aircraft is even possible for Chuck. I'd assume it's probably a single numeric character field in the database, so anything from 1 to 9 could be possible (0 might not be accepted depending on how the programmer has stuff set up).

From the limitted understanding I have, Chuck would not have to do anything. I would use class 6 in the new routes and that would be it, but I've been wrong before, many times. :D

Hey Robert,

An interesting proposal! Maybe we could select a couple of exotic aircraft out there for this purpose - i.e. - Concorde, A380, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:03 pm 

CVA7769 wrote:
... Maybe we could select a couple of exotic aircraft out there for this purpose - i.e. - Concorde, A380, etc....

I was thinking supersonic, Concorde and Tupolev 144; the only 2 SST planes. The Concorde did remain in service for over 25 years.

The A380 and B787 are in a special breed and also merit special attention, I forgot about those. I would change my suggestion to:

class 6: A380, B787 - Master ATP Captain
class 7: SST - what comes after Master ATP Captain in airline industry?

The Concorde I mentionned previously requires a whole lot more preparation and technique than other planes; that's why I request it be placed at the very top.

That would still leave us classes 8 and 9 for future use (maybe even class 0 if the database system supports it).

(editted to add ranks)

Last edited by CVA0014 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:08 pm 

Can we replace the airbus in our fleet with the Project Airbus please. They offer the best free option for Fs9/FSX and also there FSX airbus is native fsx model allowing me to merge a vc. I also have a Project opensly CRJ700
FSX native with VC merge. Sorry I'm looking at applying for fleet maint lolol. I'll take A A380 as long as its the Project Airbus and any Concorde.

CVA Prepar3D V2.4 Military and Pro Plus and Academic Pilot -- Windows 8.1

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]