It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: CVA Planes as AI Aircraft
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:48 pm 

Here's something nifty. For some time now I've used Flight One's Ultimate Traffic 2 to generate AI traffic when flying offline. I like it because it is very easy on frame rates, even running full-out. You also have the ability to assign your own planes to replace the planes provided by the program. I've stayed away from that, because they warn you that replacing AI planes with fully functional models can seriously affect frame rates.

Then I found a freebie program called FSX_GA-Traffic. Although really a program made for FS9 to make general aviation flight plans, you can use just one part of it to make an AI plane copy from any of your aircraft, and they work in FSX and UT2. They may work in other AI programs as well, don't see why not.

Well I made some AI copies of our CVA planes. Then, as I got tired of seeing so many of those Air Canada planes all over the Canadian airports, I switched them out for CVA planes! Voila!! Now I've got lots of CVA planes parked, taxiing, and taking off all over Canada. Great to see em when I'm flying.

Image Image Image

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]