Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:32 pm 

I give up!

Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:01 pm 

Don CVA1279 wrote:
Hey Guys,

no restriction specified iwith respect to which aircraft is allowed to be used on which route so if you are qualified to fly class 5 equipment then you can do so on any routes in the schedule if you want to.

No

According to CVA regulations, you cannot use aircraft at TWO classes above flights NO MATTER what class you are certified to fly.

Must be one class above the flight.

Foe example, class 3 planes for class 2 flights.

Class 2 planes for class one flights

Class four planes for class three flights.

Class four planes for class two flights is NO NO NO NO NO and not allowed.

Only one class above according to the CVA management.

Aharon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:04 pm 

katron wrote:
Oh ya, Can I use a class 4 aircraft for a Class 5 flight if the Aircraft is capable of the flight, or a 2 o a 3 ect ???

No

I am told that it must be one class downward, not upward.

Aharon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:13 pm 

Oh no! Let's not start this again! Guys - read the previous posts!!!!

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:27 pm 

I know this topic has been beat up all to hell. I do have one question Chuck. Can the B744 be used on class 4 routes?

*I'm ducking just in case you throw something at me*

Image Image

What is that goat doing way up here in the clouds?
www.virtual-skies.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:08 pm 

CVA0102 wrote:
I do have one question Chuck. Can the B744 be used on class 4 routes?

747 is class 5 so yes you can use for class 4 flights according to all explanations that I have stated in previous posts.

Aharon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:19 pm 

Nice of you to answer for management!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:37 pm 
Site Admin

I aint saying nuttin!! :shutup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:46 am 

cva3906 wrote:
Sure, you can fly any aircraft on any route you want. It may sit waiting be approved for a few months, but you can fly it.

If you expect me to approve a 747-400 flight from CYZR to CYXU, I will resign my duties. I for one cannot accept a departure from reality on that scale.

I gotta get to work, hopefully someday we will have a clear and new pilot handbook that will rule out all this controversy.

I agree with Chuck,

I am also one to break SOME! rules at times! The point is, you have to draw the line somewhere.
First of all if you do not see a route listed on the CVA site SimRoutes.com, you will be able to find almost any route you like there.

And I also think that if your going to fly a 747-400 from CYYZ-CYXU, you shouldn`t be able to log hours for that, thats out of the ballpark completely.

If I had it my way I'd set a limit on distance travelled , which can be proportionate to different aircraft.

Any flight under 150nm+ may be flown with a class 1 turboprop/piston aircraft.

For example, any flight 150nm+ may be flown with a class 2 jet for example.

Any flight 300nm+ can be flown with a class 3 jet

Any flight 500nm+ can be flown with a class 4 jet, ect ect...

I know the current system hints at this but I just think it would have more affect if it was more clear.

We just have to keep a balance, we need to be able to adjust and ammend things that the CVA community wants yet we must be mindful and respectful to management, this isn't politics friends, management isn't in it for the money!!! :laugh:

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:57 am 

I enjoy flying my Level-D 767 on 1-2 hours flights; Montreal, New York, Toronto, Boston, that sort of distance. I can't sit at FS-X for hours on end just because the plane I love is for longer flights in CVA. I am buying hardware and software to fly that plane specifically, I have little interest in flying other planes.

As I was eloquently told when this issue last came up "if I don't like it, leave". I didn't leave because I made great friends here, but I compromised and now do most if not all my flying elsewhere. Now I keep an eye on CVA for the multis and attend when I don't have something with the family.

In the meantime, work is underway in the background to update the routes.

Edited By CVA0014 on 1263434812

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:48 am 

Okay. Class 5 routes for the 744. I'm all good with it. My latest flight was EDDF to CYUL and it was a beautiful flight.

Image Image

www.virtual-skies.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:51 am 

Matt,

I cannot agree with your post because I am FOLLOWING CVA management's instructions and regulations.

In other words, I am just restating their regulations.

ALSO, I agree that 747 for too short route is extremely FAR FETCHED.

However, all of you will have to realize it is not impossible.

For SUPER SHORT CYUL to CYOW route in REAL LIFE, I flew on four engine Air Canada DC-8 (this is NOT TYPO).

It happenned because few CYUL to CYOW flights were canceled due to weather meaning Air Canada had to shuffle all passengers from those cancelled DC-9 flights to extra spare DC-8 for special flight from CYUL to CYOW.

You should have felt ROARING noise of engines when DC-8 was doing reverse thrusters on CYOW runway. It was deep braking. I was little kid but has great memory.

Aharon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:13 am 
Site Admin

Hi Guys,

Sorry about taking so long to reply to this...it's been a crazy busy work week for me as I am in the process of moving an entire building with 35 years of crap to a new location over the next 6 weeks. That being said, let me try to clear up a few things.

Aircraft / Routes - The rules are currently being modified after consultation with the management and some long term members here at the VA but the new Members handbook has not yet been posted.

We realize that many members like to fly specific aircraft, or a larger aircraft on a smaller route and we have no problem with that - to a certain extent. While the VA has never been modeled after a real world airline, we do try to have some common sense as to how the real world operates and follow some likely scenarios. For instance - it is very unlikely you would fly a 747 from Toronto to London Ontario on a short haul flight in the real world. There are many other examples but this is a key one. For this reaso, we do not allow that here at the VA and collect hours for this but you are more than welcome to fly those offline as you choose, or, online if you choose but just don't file an FSAcars report for this type of a flight.

Other routes / aircraft we realize we wanted to give a little more flexibility so we will now allow you to fly one higher class aircraft on a lower class route for this reason. So this would be as follows:

Class 5 aircraft can Fly on a Class 5 or Class 4 route
Class 4 aircraft can Fly on a Class 4 or Class 3 route
Class 3 aircraft can Fly on a Class 3 or Class 2 route
Class 2 aircraft can Fly on a Class 2 or Class 1 route
Class 1 aircraft can only fly on a Class 1 route.

This will give more flexibility to the existing routes we have today in terms of aircraft choice and allow for some of the larger equipment to fly on shorter routes.

We may at some point look at reclassifying some of the existing aircraft now with newer larger aircraft coming out in the real world but this has not been thoroughly discussed to date.

We have almost 1000 routes to choose from and there is a great selection out there. I know that we don't have a favorite route for every pilot from their home or preferred airport but we try to add airports / routes from them as we go along. With almost 300 pilots all over the world you can imagine this is not an easy task to please everyone but hopefully there is enough to keep most of you happy.

Lastly, in regards to free flights - this was allowed under the old system because we had no FSAcars and even when we did initially implement it there was not much to it except for it to track hours. With the new VA there is a lot more behind the scenes going on (finances, rankings, etc) and so some of the restrictions are born due to the way the technical workings of the new website is designed. We did not design the website itself - it's a template based system but has been customized to the look and feel for our VA and we have Chuck Dickey (CVA3906) to thank for this wonderful improvement. As well, those who have been around for a long time will realize that the VA was almost dead in the water at one point with maybe 15 - 20 active pilots. I think with the number of new pilots, number of hours being logged, number of pireps on a daily basis being submitted that the improvements speak for themselves even with some frustrations.

In closing, as always, a reminder that your management team works jard behind the scenes FOR FREE and even pay out of pocket to keep our VA running for you - the pilots. There is no gratitude in this other than the passion we have for the hobby and the willingness to share it with all of you. I continue to do this as Flight Simulator turned me eventually into a real world pilot and I was able to realize my dream through it and hopefully this VA can help you along your way to do the same one day.

If anyone has any questions / comments / concerns, please feel free to email me directly offline at:

darryl.brambilla@gmail.com

CVA has been here for well over a decade, and I hope to continue it's tradition for many years to come with all of you.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:17 am 

Darryl,

Thank you very much for well presented post.

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:32 am 

Thanks Darryl. Anyone not happy with the flexibility you've granted with the ability to fly routes one class down should give their head a shake. Excellent response.

Image Image

www.virtual-skies.com

Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next