It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

Hello All,

By now many of you will have noticed that the new website is now online and the old site is no longer available. This also means that in order for you to have your flight hours tracked you will need to update your FSAcars! Please do the following as per Chuck's previous email / my modifications:

Once logged in to the website ensure you are at the "Pilot Center". Form here you will need to download the new configurations files for FSAcars. Scroll to the bottom of this page and you will see the section called "ACARS CONFIG".

Download the CVA.ini file and find your way to your Program Files/fsacars folder (note for Vista users this may be Program Files X86). Inside of that folder you should see a file called CVA.ini, that same name as the one you downloaded. Put the new file in that folder. It should ask you if you wish to overwrite the existing file. Select OK.

Second, also download the CVA Planes.txt file an install this also to the same FSAcars directory (overwrite the existing file if you already have one. If not, simply put the file in the FSAcars folder).

Next, choose a flight. Go to the site, select the "View Flight Schedules" option from your Pilot Center. What I do here is choose an option which will give me the fewest choices. Say if you are flying out of Toronto to say Windsor, I would select the option to search by Arrival since Windsor would have fewer flights listed.

When you find the flight you want, select the "Add to Bid" on the right side of the page.

You can now close your web browser and start FS. When you load FSAcars, there will be a new button on the right side called Flight from VA. If you click on that, it will get your flight bid and fill in some of the fields for you.

Feel free to add your flight level, change your aircraft type or your route. Leave all other fields alone. From there use fsacars as you normally would.

When finished, leave all references to pilot number alone and just click your way through the submit procedure. I repeat, do not change your pilot number anywhere.

Once this has been done your flights / hours will start to record on the new website. If you have not done this then you will not see your flights show up - so - GET IT DONE!

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Edited By CVA7769 on 1245769297

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:27 pm 

Well, I was one if the first to install fscars and had asolutely to problems at all. Now I come out of the bush to find that I have to frig with it again. Guess what? Apparently there is no pilot for me. What the heck is going on?

No Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

Bill Haystead wrote:
Well, I was one if the first to install fscars and had asolutely to problems at all. Now I come out of the bush to find that I have to frig with it again. Guess what? Apparently there is no pilot for me. What the heck is going on?

No Cheers Bill

Hey Bill,

Not sure what you are talking about? I see you on the new site and your hours are there....??? Not to much to change - just 2 little files to download and install to your computer if you had not already done that from the new site previously.

Drop me a direct email to discuss.

darryl.brambilla@gmail.com

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:05 pm 

[color=purple]<span style='font-family:georgia'>Most of you already know how to do this , but just in case some may have and confusion about the above , this may help.

After going to your own pilot center , you will notice FSACARS config. as below ;

and also CVA Planes textfile ;
bImage

Go ahead and download them to a place on your hard drive where you will be able to extract them after downloading. Once you have the files extracted , then go to your "START" button and right click and to "</span>[color=black]Explore
" then go down to "program files" " and highlight "Fsacars" , as shown below.

Then browse to the place where you have downloaded your two files (<span style='font-size:7.7pt;line-height:100%'>FSACARS config. and CVA Planes textfile</span> ) and drag and drop them into the FSACARS , as shown below;

As you do this you should get a window asking you to replace existing file. Click " YES" for both of them.

Your done !

:thumbsup:

Pretty easy eh ?

HAVE A GREAT FLIGHT
[/color]

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:georgia'>CHEERS !</span></span>[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:30 pm 

that should settle all the old grumps down...! :D

Now wait until I start having problems! :angry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:16 am 

I think that I have things settled - not sure. I'll check tomorro and see if my pirep is logged? This new site is pretty high tech for us "old grumps".

Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:34 am 
Site Admin

Bill Haystead wrote:
I think that I have things settled - not sure. I'll check tomorro and see if my pirep is logged? This new site is pretty high tech for us "old grumps".

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill,

I received you Pirep. Everything looked fine except it did not record the correct aircraft type. I noticed it logged a 737...

Did you download and install the CVA Planes.txt file to your computer as well? It's in a .zip file and you may have to double click that file first and then copy and paste it to the FSAcars directory that Marty mentioned previously.

Marty - A picture is worth a thousand words....

Cheers! :thumbsup:

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:38 am 

Ok, thanks Marty, have it working now.

Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:40 am 

I used the 737-500 that Chuck painted up in CVA colours. I use pretty much use payware aircraft exclusively. Have about $400 invested in them. Is that a problem?

Cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:54 am 
Site Admin

Bill Haystead wrote:
I used the 737-500 that Chuck painted up in CVA colours. I use pretty much use payware aircraft exclusively. Have about $400 invested in them. Is that a problem?

Cheers Bill

No problem at all.

Just in terms of the FSAcars setup choose a plane of "like type" for the choice then so it will properly record the Pireps. If not....we can manually change it for you, just 1 extra step.

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:12 pm 

JEJEJE, i probably should have read this before asking questions.........this is fsacars for dummies.....and me

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]