It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Acars questions
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:01 pm 

I've tried this acars thingy and she's all good. Question I have I'm from thunder Bay took my com license there and its my stomping grounds before I moved to Alberta . When I pick a route from the schedule page let's say Thunder Bay to Dryden I bid it , go to Acars and good to go but let's say I want to east go to Geralton and scoot across to Timmins and so on ---there's no route so how does that works with Acars, is what id like to know .Louis

Last edited by cva1349 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Acars questions
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately we do not have a route in our system at this time for that. You can always request that a route be added and eventually someone will get around to putting it in the system. You can still fly that route now it just means we cannot record it as a CVA flight so no credited hours.

We should probably get a route in place anyways for Thunder bay to Timmins as an alternative and then you could fly that route by going north east a little first. Likely would be a Class 1 or 2 route if requested.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:02 pm 

Not a problem at all , the routes that are here are more then adequate, I'll just carry on . Thought maybe there was a trick to it but every thing is fine-- Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:26 pm 

Thunder Bay, Sault Ste Marie, Sudbury, Timmins works. If you want access to a few of the Northern Ont airports, you"ll find that flying out of Sudbury or North Bay is your best option.

cheers Bill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:19 pm 

Thanks Bill -I bought that Extended Aerosoft Twin Otter and I just wanted to use it up in that neck of the woods with Acars . This thing has the windshield icing up that you cant see outside with proper weather conditions and has an ice gauge -pretty impressive job they did and I want to fly it down there for the winter is why I was asking .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:38 pm 

Theoretically as long as you start and end at scheduled airports you could land and takeoff at as many intermediate airfields you want as long as you don't set the park brake. :P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Louis!

I think there is a route I put in the system a while back from Timmins (CYTS) to Moosonee (CYMO). It's a nice 1 hour flight through nothing but the north :D I used to live up there for a couple of years and there is not a heck of a lot in terms of sights to see but it's a nice trip through the north! Then you can jump over into Quebec or back down to Kingston from there as well.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:30 am 

I've been finding my way around the routes not too shabby and did go to Moosenee and back. You lived there ----my oh my are you still sane!!! I bought the extended Aerosoft twin otter is why I want to be in the north cause they modeled the icing real good . First time in flight sim I have ever seen my windshield ice up.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]