It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: getting better but still having trouble
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:12 am 

Okay so I have the majestic dash 8 q300 amazing aircraft for first payware aircraft but I have been having problems with it. So first off it likes to go forward when I start at airport with engines off no matter what I do and sometimes if I am too close to building it crashes into it. Next I can not fly from cyqm because my aircraft pretends it does not have brakes when starting engines. pressing the b key or pressing joystick brake button or having parking brake on does absolutely nothing. the plane goes until I run into something. But only at cyqm which sucks cause this is my favorite flight cause its a flight I have time to do after work. I am just hoping someone has had this happen before. Some how I fixed it but it came back.The only thing that I have done is install feelthere wilco embraer 145 which I uninstalled then reinstalled I even uninstalled fsx the majestic aircraft pretty much every addon searched google apparently this is not a common problem. So if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated thanks

mike thompson

Post subject: Re: getting better but still having trouble
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:57 am 

so for an update apparently cyqm is not the only airport just found another and I am sure there will be more. I am going to learn the wilco embraer erj145 putting this bird in the hanger for a while spent more time working on it then flying the thing. If I wanted that I would be flying apache's :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:23 am 

try to load a default aircraft first at the airport then the dash 8.
might be a saved issue

Image....Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:32 am 

Okay I will thanks will post tomorrow if it worked thanks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:47 pm 

Thanks again cal , that seems to do the trick hopefully I don't have to do it every time but for now it seems to work

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:21 am 
Site Admin

Are you starting the engines with the on-board systems or using Ctrl + E? Some payware can give unpredictable behavior using default short cut keys.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:36 am 

What Chuck said, and some are bad when trying to save the flight, PMDG is bad that way, panels dont load properly FMC doesn't work as expected.
always best to load a default plane , then load the one you want to use.

Image....Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:09 pm 

cva3906 wrote:
Are you starting the engines with the on-board systems or using Ctrl + E? Some payware can give unpredictable behavior using default short cut keys.

No I am going by the book switch for switch everything from generators to no smoking sign. I am sure I might not be doing everything but trying hard to do everything by the book without the book. the paper work was minimal on this one. but they have a tutorial and I follow it exact except for avionics. I tried the whole loading another aircraft now I didnt use default just used another plane that is included with fsx and it didnt roll at all not during dropping into the airport or during engine startup. But I had to fly an hour and a half without autopilot (was good training and I made it in and landed.) cause my auto pilot would not work on my gps mode or hdg it would not approach only wanted to bank right. and the alt sel malfuntioned just let me go straight to the ground. I am pretty good with the auto pilot I have flown about 8 or 9 good flights. So its not oh I didnt hit nav button to see the lnav come up or I didnt hit the v/l to activate my ils and vor. I will try loading the default trike or whatever it is and go that route if not I would not worry about it its probably this computer I am now having troubles loading that aircraft from the mainscreen and going to fly now its locking up fsx. does not seem to do it with my other payware pmdg md 11 or my feelthere embraer 145, or the pmdg b1900d so now at the same token cause I just got all these aircraft I do not know how to fly them yet so I have not tried to start them and see if the same problems occur . I am going to conduct some MTF see if I can either give some info or figure it. if not guys I wouldnt worry about it its just pushing me to learn to fly my embraer 145 and my md 11 so really its probably for the good.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:13 pm 

Okay so when I loaded with the default trike then the dash 8 I was able to fly from cyul to cyzv no problem so thanks again and hopefully everything is good I had read that I could do that before but I also read that a lot of people said that was bad it would mess up your aircraft even more

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:33 pm 

Okay so first of all got on vatsim with fsinn figured out that the control panel hates to be on my extended monitor only on main. So that fixed the glitching problem I think. So did my route from flight sim commander 9 and I got almost completely new route giving to me. So I kindly exited out cause I was in such shock of what just happened that couldnt even imagine reading it all back, not to mention resetting my fms and finding charts. So first of all when you guys get your routes from where ever do you get the clearance from atc before you enter into your fms? 2 how long are you usally on ground before take off like entering your flight plan and push back start up and all that, Did my route get changed because I used flight sim commander 9 is there a way to update flight sim commander 9 so this doesnt happen. Do you guys get amended flight plans a lot. Thanks for all the help just really am excited to be getting on vatsim and that was a total shock.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:38 pm 

:lol: Fun hey.....

I think you monitor resolutions may be different, that might fix the flashing.

try http://www.simroutes.com/fb2/ShowPlans.aspx seems to have good routes.
Knowing what to expect the controller is going to do is part of it, he may have just given you a jet departure from the airport
you might have used a prop departure. (or the other way around) with the route planner above you pick your departure and arrival airports
eg: CYVR CYYC then if its a high or low altitude route, choose your aircraft type, and once you get the plan, it will let you download it in almost any type of format
PMDG, FSINN, FSX.......

try the one CYVR to CYYC and you will see there is different routes that you can choose, some are dependant on the rwys that are being used. click on the blue text of the plan you want
it will open up the plan page to choose aircraft and D/L or even file online. :)

In this order
Load up plan in FMS
file flightplan in FSINN then send
Contact Clearance delivery, you have to give them a few minutes before contacting or you will wait while they read it anyhow.
Push back
contact ground for taxi clearance
contact tower before entering rwy for takeoff

Image....Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 pm 

again thanks cal. Hey admin is there a badge for the guy who helps others the most cause I have a nominee. You was dead on the screen resolution, I thought it was the system being to slow I think that screen resolution has been giving me so many problems. :lol: If you knew that was the problem then you know all the problems I have been facing. I keep just thinking it was my slow computer. And to be honest yeah it was fun very intimidating though but that is what makes all this pay off. being able to fly your md11 on vatsim right :D I will check out simroutes I just thought flight commander was a good program.
thanks for the in order list that is how I did it just wanted to make sure. Oh and one really confusing thing and I have read about this but still confused. So hardly ever is there a full stationed airport on vatsim at least in the states and canada. So how does it work. like lets say there is only a departure atc on at that airport. does he only control departure. And lets say there is only app do they only control approch. very confused about this. I understand if they are all there who to contact when but what is only one. Do you only use them for lets say ground then use the 122.800. And just one more (at least for now :D )is that channel for text only or do you use both to tell others what you are doing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:58 pm 

When you see ATC on then you connect to them with their posted freq, if not then stay on 122.80
FSCommander is good, but knows far less than you do about routes..... :P
Sometimes what I'll do is type the dep and then arr in the Flightplan box in FSC, CYYC CYVR then click OKAY
That gives me a straight line from CYYC to CYVR. then add the SID and STAR I want to use and then any transitions.
Then I click High Alt Plan and dont click Okay again or it will get rid of the SID and STAR info Click save as and your done.
Sometimes FSC #@*&s up, and it doesnt work right. :roll:

Image....Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:18 am 

okay so you just use fsc as I visual aid to plan your route I will try that.

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]