It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Settings For Ground texture?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:40 am 

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Does anybody know what are correct settings in scenery tab of display settings for ground textures? In my old 4 year old laptop with 256 mb dedicated video ram, the ground textures when flying from FL350 were crisp sharp. In my new laptop 50 times more powerful with 2GB dedicated video ram, the ground textures when flying from FL350 look little fuzzy.

Since I cannot access to FSX using safe mode in my 4 year old laptop, is there any way I can find out about my settings in FSX in the old laptop by accessing to any file in any folder in my old laptop which allows me unlimited access to all files in safe mode?? If so, which file in which folder will tell me my settings for FSX in old laptop?

Thanks

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject: Re: Settings For Ground texture?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:45 am 

Hello Aharon,

I would adjust all ground textures to far right except for the water resolution to 2X. If fps drops too much when flying into dense areas, reduce the autogen settings. I do not know how crisp the ground textures should look from FL350. There seems to be always clouds, mist, smog and fog in the way. I use REX weather with all FTX/Orbx sceneries for North America.

Jaakko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:26 am 

Try accessing the fsx.cfg file from safe mode. This should allow you to see your previous settings, although it would probably be better to re-tune your new machine from scratch rather than copying the .cfg file.

Ryan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:35 pm 

Thanks all for kind tips. It turns out that I forgot to put level of detail raduis to full when I by mistake set it to half!!! Also, F370 might be bit too high for crisp sharp ground view when I always take screenshots of ground view at between FL300 and FL350.

Let's hope the next flight will be better!!!!

One question: what is difference between Binear Filtering and Anisotropic Filtering

Regards,

Aharon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:09 am 

Aharon wrote:
One question: what is difference between Binear Filtering and Anisotropic Filtering

I assume you mean bilinear filtering.
It changes how sharply the textures are displayed. If you have an nvidia graphics card you can change it through the nvidia settings controller. This improved my performance slightly over changing it in the FSX menu.

Ryan

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]