It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:40 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Squawkbox and airplane settings
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:02 am 

Hello,

I was wondering which airplane to set into squawkbox when connecting to Vatsim. Do you people use the plane model from the CVA schedule (DHC-6 for example) or do you use the actual plane you are flying (JS4100 in my case). If I understand correctly this effects how the other pilots see your plane in Vatsim.

Jaakko

Post subject: Re: Squawkbox and airplane settings
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:03 pm 

Shalom Jaako,

For Finnish guy, you speak very good English!!! For flight plans in SQWKBox 4.0 and on Vatsim, I always use actual plane that I am flying. Vatsim rules require you to put on flight plan the actual plane that you are flying.

About 10 years ago or so, I went to Finland twice for vacation and I remembered seeing each of all Finnish people having two cell phones at same time. Some had three cell phones strapped to their belts!!!

Aharon

Post subject: Re: Squawkbox and airplane settings
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:47 pm 

Hello,

Well I am an old guy and when I was very young in 1971-72 my family spent a year in Ottawa. Picked up some English then and later in Northern California too. So I am almost Canadian having lived there for one year. We made an awesome road trip from Ottawa to Vancouver and down to Seattle in the summer of 1972. Now that is one good reason to choose CVA for my virtual life!

But I guess I'll use the actual plane for now. I guess there is no CVA paint for JS4100.

Jaakko

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]