It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:05 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Getting started
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:00 am 

I have several questions about getting in the air.

First of all, do I need to fly online? Or can I fly normally, without connecting to the internet?

Second, how do I use these?

Download CVA Planes textfile
    Download FSACARS Config
    Download FSPax Config
    Download XAcars Config

Post subject: Re: Getting started
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, I can help you here,

First what is meant by flying online is, (with other people using a common server like VATSIM, there when you fly with others you can see others and join flights as a group.)

But for reporting flights you need to be connected to the internet, you need this because the software to record flight connects with the CVA web site, FSACARS and CVACARS both are the software used here.

The recommended we use is CVACARS get this in your download section of CVA website under Pilot Center. Install it and then install FSUIPC in your FS modules folder. FSUIPC you can get here http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html it is a freeware although the pay ware is the same version just skip the payment part.
Then
1. Start you FSACARS log your pilot info in the menu (top left) log onto the CVA server
2. Start Flight Sim (at the airport of the start of you flight) make sure parking brake is on. Stay away from fuelling station this affects your flight log and fuel tanks). If you are flying Online (VATSIM) do not start up on the runways.
3. Go back to FSACARS connect to Flightsim then get you flight info that you are planning to do. (Two ways to bid 1. is CVA web site 2. is FSACARS under the schedule tab)
4. On FSACARS start recording your flight.
5. Fly your flight, when at the arrival airport set parking brake. (This will allow you to stop recording the flight.
6. Send flight record to the CVA web site.

This is simple and convenient when you have done this a couple of times.

As for the following files you do not need. Unless

Download CVA Planes textfile // used for the FSACARS program (this makes the planes appear in
the menu of the program)
Download FSACARS Config // used with FSACARS program (this will make you pilot ID and pass
word along with other info so you can properly log onto the CVA
server.)
Download FSPax Config // This is used if you are using and add-on program called (FSpassenger)
it is a pay ware program that add some interesting stuff to you
flight :)
Download XAcars Config // This is used only if you are using XPlane instead of Microsoft Flight sim
let us know how this works, you may want to post your name, this helps us get to know each other.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 pm 

CVA9214 wrote:
Hi, I can help you here,

First what is meant by flying online is, (with other people using a common server like VATSIM, there when you fly with others you can see others and join flights as a group.)

But for reporting flights you need to be connected to the internet, you need this because the software to record flight connects with the CVA web site, FSACARS and CVACARS both are the software used here.

The recommended we use is CVACARS get this in your download section of CVA website under Pilot Center. Install it and then install FSUIPC in your FS modules folder. FSUIPC you can get here http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html it is a freeware although the pay ware is the same version just skip the payment part.
Then
1. Start you FSACARS log your pilot info in the menu (top left) log onto the CVA server
2. Start Flight Sim (at the airport of the start of you flight) make sure parking brake is on. Stay away from fuelling station this affects your flight log and fuel tanks). If you are flying Online (VATSIM) do not start up on the runways.
3. Go back to FSACARS connect to Flightsim then get you flight info that you are planning to do. (Two ways to bid 1. is CVA web site 2. is FSACARS under the schedule tab)
4. On FSACARS start recording your flight.
5. Fly your flight, when at the arrival airport set parking brake. (This will allow you to stop recording the flight.
6. Send flight record to the CVA web site.

This is simple and convenient when you have done this a couple of times.

As for the following files you do not need. Unless

Download CVA Planes textfile // used for the FSACARS program (this makes the planes appear in
the menu of the program)
Download FSACARS Config // used with FSACARS program (this will make you pilot ID and pass
word along with other info so you can properly log onto the CVA
server.)
Download FSPax Config // This is used if you are using and add-on program called (FSpassenger)
it is a pay ware program that add some interesting stuff to you
flight :)
Download XAcars Config // This is used only if you are using XPlane instead of Microsoft Flight sim
let us know how this works, you may want to post your name, this helps us get to know each other.

Thanks for your reply. It answered most of my questions, some of which I didn't post on here. What I meant by "online" is do I have to connect to a network and have other pilots flying. Because I don't want that eating up all my bandwidth, and I'd rather communicate with the standard ATC that it built into FSX.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:53 pm 
Site Admin

If you want to use the FSX ATC then you will not have other players with you online. I am not sure what the bandwidth consumption is but if you want other players you will have also have to deal with other players playing ATC then you need to sign up to VATSIM get a user ID and pass to log onto the multipayer server.

Vatsim is here http://www.vatsim.net/

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]