It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:34 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help with setting up Squawk Box for multis
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:55 am 

Could somebody help me with setting up Squawkbox for multis. I'm new to CVA and and would love to join the multis but I have no idea on how to set Squawkbox for connecting to the server. Oh, and I am a total newbie to VAs or to VATSIM but I do have a vatsim account.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post subject: Re: Help with setting up Squawk Box for multis
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:11 am 

Hi - welcome to CVA. What's your name?

We basically all connect to VATSIM and then we can all see and communicate with each other in multis. So you need to do the VATSIM thing.

They have comprehensive info on how to do that on VATSIM.net. Have you read any of the guidance material there for pilots before? They list everything in step by step fashion.

If you try to follow their instructions and have problems, let us know. I think that's the best way to go. There's also much much more help on the VATSIM forums.

See you around...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:07 pm 

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
Hi - welcome to CVA. What's your name?

My name is Nicholas

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
We basically all connect to VATSIM and then we can all see and communicate with each other in multis. So you need to do the VATSIM thing.

OK, I was thinking CVA multis probably used a private voice channel or something similar.

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
They have comprehensive info on how to do that on VATSIM.net. Have you read any of the guidance material there for pilots before? They list everything in step by step fashion.

Yes, I already read through it but they explain everything except how to setup Squwkbox or FSInn.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

Yes we have a private voice channel to speak with on the multis. See this post that is a sticky in the Departure and Arrivals forums

http://canadianva.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1960&start=0

and Welcome to CVA

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:33 pm 

Quote:
>OK, I was thinking CVA multis probably used a private voice channel or something similar.

Ah, yes, we do have a private channel, as Frank says, but keep in mind that you can only use it (I think) when you are connected via VATSIM. And we tend to only use it when we are not connected to ATC.

Quote:
>Yes, I already read through it but they explain everything except how to setup Squwkbox or FSInn.

That is surprising. You cannot fly on VATSIM unless you use SB or FSInn. Maybe they point you to the SB or FSInn forum where you find instructions? No sense writing everything twice, I guess. SB has their own forum where they deal with problems, but FSInn uses the VATSIM forum. And if you're not already familiar with the two programs, in general, SB is much simpler and has fewer fancy gadgets. So you will always find a mix of people who use one or the other, even in CVA. No matter which one you use, you can connect and talk with each other on the multis. SB (and probably FSInn) has a little chat tool where you can talk to people with text even while everyone is tuned in to ATC and doesn't want to use private voice.

cheers

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]