Quote:
I fly online with friends and other VA’s, can I log those
hours?
A: Yes, if it’s an approved CVA flight. Approved flights include:
scheduled CVA flights (that you are eligible for), Multi Flights,
and Testing/Training flights (previously approved by
management).
No exceptions.

Who would i have to PM about that? there are some routes i like to fly sometimes but is not a CVA route, would i be able to fly a Non CVA Route for the testing/training and same for Aircraft, would a testing/training flight be possible in a plane above your rank to test it out?

Just thought that it should be clarified. Quoted from the CVA Handbook

Post subject: Re: Testing/Training Flights
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:40 am 

While you're waiting for a reponse from someone who knows, I will guess that it won't include the many, many, many "test" flights that you and I and every virtual pilot makes on a regular basis. I bet the test flights are official tests set up by head office, something like a multi maybe. Boy, I wish I had all my hours of fiddling around that I could count! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

This has been in the CVA Operations Manual since the beginning of CVA. Training/Test flights was for the intention of using exams to gain competence and certificate awards. There was never a demand for this and so a system was never developed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

CVA9214 wrote:
This has been in the CVA Operations Manual since the beginning of CVA. Training/Test flights was for the intention of using exams to gain competence and certificate awards. There was never a demand for this and so a system was never developed.

Agreed - and - if there are some routes that you would like to fly (not just for testing) then I would recommend contacting the Route Manager - Robert H - or someone in the senior management.

While we are not going to create a special route for every case, there may be considerations made to make some new routes. With the thousands of routes we already have in place today there is a pretty good variety to choose from. I realize that sometimes people like to fly from their home airport to a close / familiar destination and sometimes this can be accommodated.

Please do not however ask us to create a route for say something like....

"I want to fly an airbus 380 from Winnipeg Airport to Gimli Manitoba airport"

This would not be realistic in both therms of the airports being able to handle that type of aircraft, nor a likely real world type of flight. We are more inclined to make routes that are based upon real world routes and aircraft types that generally fly those routes. You can find some of that information on Flightaware ( http://flightaware.com/ ) and many other resources on the internet.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

CVA7769

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]