It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Saitek Pro Yoke/Throttle quadrant
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:34 pm 

Hey guys,

It has been awhile since I have posted, but usually check the forums at least 3 times a week.

Anyways, I have recently bought the Saitek Pro Yoke and Throttle and was wondering if anyone else has this product.

The reason I am asking is that I am having a heck of a time trying to program one of the Axis’ to raise and lower the flaps incrementally. If there is any one who has a few tips to give me that would be great.

One other thing that I can’t figure out is that I have been able to program the buttons on the front of the the throttle quadrant to represent the fuel on/off switch which it does, but what doesn’t happen is that the switches in the sim don’t move. They would either stay in the on position when I have pushed the button to cut the fuel, it does cut the fuel, but as I said it doesn’t move. Any reason as to why that would happen?

I have gone to the Saitek site to ask these questions, but you can no longer join to post a question.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Saitek Pro Yoke/Throttle quadrant
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:00 am 

I use both but I have disabled the joysticks in FSX, and use the paid version of FSUIPC to program my joysticks.
The buttons are quite easy in fsuipc also. but if they work but don't move on the panel it might be a panel problem.
I'm not to sure how you can do it in FS though.

Image....Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:15 am 

Hi Mike,
Assuming you have the default FSX shortcuts and just to find out if it's an SST glitch try assigning F7 (or F6) to a "POV Hat" on your yoke and see if your flaps raise/lower incrementally on the (preferably default fsx aircraft) panel.

I'm not really sure which "axis" you are referring to, could you clarify that?
Gary

+Portland City,2S1,CEN4,CEJ4,KHQM,7WA3,CBB7,KPDX
G_NA packs 1-8,EDBH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:30 am 

Hey Guys, thanks for the responses. I should have mentioned that I am using FS9.

The Axis I want to program is the Ry Axis on the throttle quadrant, the one to the far right.

So far I have now been able to get it to lower the flaps 2 notches through SST and then it just goes into a constant lowering...ugh!!!! Of course once I do figure out how to lower the flaps then I have to get them to retract up.

I have seen some videos on Youtube and they all seem to be able to program it right in FS by selecting the joystick axis and then checking off reverse. No luck for me.

By the way I have been able to program the flaps to extend and retract on the yoke using buttons 5 & 6.

I will keep plugging away, but keep those suggestions coming.

Cheers.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]