It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:35 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dead Mobo? 4 month old computer....
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:01 am 

Hey guys,

Seems like the problems never seem to end! If you remember, I built a brand spanking new computer in the summer time, so she's about 4 months old now. Managed to overclock it from 3.2Ghz-3.8Ghz for FSX purposes.

Tonight is when the trouble started... I flew my FSX flight, rebooted my computer, all of a sudden I get the screen telling me my overclocking has failed, and to go back into BIOS and to fix it. This is weird since I havent touched the bios for about a month. So I went into the BIOS, set everything back to AUTO, only thing I changed was the RAM timings, I tried 5 5 5, Remembered reading somewhere that that was optimal timing for DDR3 1333mhz ram, well turns out they"re wrong. Saved changes, restarted computer, now the screen is black, nothing showing on my monitor!

The computer is running, you hear the fans, see all PC lights along with optical drive power, no power to mouse or keyboard however. Computer runs normally, except for the fact that absolutly nothing shows up on the screen!

I don't think it would be my RAM? I pulled them out, and placed them in different slots, I read off them though that the timings should be 8-8-8-24, woops! :shock: Wouldnt that just give me an error, and i'd fix it? I've tweaked with timings before, and never had this happen. Then I got to thinking, it might be my Asus motherboard that has died?

Im puzzled, going to bring it in to Canada Computers tommorow, but I thought i'd post here to see if any1 knew anything helpful.
PC Specs:
i5-650 CPU, overclocked to 3.8GHZ(stock 3.2)
4GB DDR3 Ram @ 1333mhz
coolermaster PSU
Graphics card is the intel integrated, which is part of the CPU
Asus PH55-M Pro, something like that, motherboard.

Thanks,

-Matt

Post subject: Re: Dead Mobo? 4 month old computer....
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:23 pm 

Are you sure you did not buy computer from same company that builds engines for Qantas A380s' engines??:):):)

Aharon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:28 pm 

mattymsboi wrote:
Tonight is when the trouble started... I flew my FSX flight, rebooted my computer, all of a sudden I get the screen telling me my overclocking has failed, and to go back into BIOS and to fix it.

What message? From where?

mattymsboi wrote:
This is weird since I havent touched the bios for about a month. So I went into the BIOS, set everything back to AUTO, only thing I changed was the RAM timings, I tried 5 5 5, Remembered reading somewhere that that was optimal timing for DDR3 1333mhz ram, well turns out they"re wrong.

IF...this is causing the problem?

mattymsboi wrote:
Saved changes, restarted computer, now the screen is black, nothing showing on my monitor!
The computer is running, you hear the fans, see all PC lights along with optical drive power, no power to mouse or keyboard however. Computer runs normally, except for the fact that absolutly nothing shows up on the screen!

I had my GPU die and this is what is it looked like.

mattymsboi wrote:
I don't think it would be my RAM? I pulled them out, and placed them in different slots, I read off them though that the timings should be 8-8-8-24, woops! :shock: Wouldnt that just give me an error, and i'd fix it? I've tweaked with timings before, and never had this happen. Then I got to thinking, it might be my Asus motherboard that has died?

Try an old gpu if you have one laying around?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:49 pm 

$40 later, got a diagnosis at Canada Computers, turns out its a dead mobo, son of a gun! Now the battle begins with ASUS, calling them as I type this!
Quite annoying considering the fact this PC is only 4 months old....

-Matt

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]