It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:05 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:06 pm 

Hello community,
I have 2 question, I followed the CVA Members handbook and succesfully finished the 3rd step. Now I am working on step 4 trying to download a regional plane in this case (Regional Turboprop - DH8-300)
I dowlnoad freeware for FSX but I can not find in my hangar.
http://www.canadianva.com/Fleet/FSX/CVA_DHC_8Q2X.zip
http://www.canadianva.com/Fleet/FSX/CVA_DHC8Q4_X.zip
Are these the right dowload?

second question
I downloaded sqawbox 4 I think, now everytime I open FSX I get this message asking me if I want to designate this module
(C:\program files(X86)\squawboxsbtrans10.dll) as trusted software and if i answer yes it will load automatically everytime. For now I answer no and load for 1 session only.

I also download VATSIM .

so in few word. I can not find my CVA Dash plane and should I let Squawbox to be automatically load everytime on my Sim?
thanks
Xavier :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Xavier!!

First off the Dash 8 issue. Since all of our freeware Dash 8s use the same panel and sound files, it seemed kinda silly to have the user download the same panel and sound files each time they download one of our Dash 8s. If you double check the fleet page... you will see directly under the FSX header...FSX Freeware Panel and Sound Package.

Download and install that package. When FSX loads, it will only display valid aircraft...ie, those with an airfile, a config file, the needed panel files and sound files. If you did not install the needed panel and sound files...it will not show in the menu.

As far as SB4, by all means accept it as a trusted module. I think that accepting and loading double check is the most frustrating thing I have seen in flight sim so far. For myself that likes to test and try out a multitude of files, I have seen me have to ok and accept up to twenty different files just for a panel install.

Hope this helps! :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:01 am 

thanks for your answer
well I still do not have any CVA plane on my FSX, my problem I think is I do not download in the right file. I am stocked. Sorry for the inconvenience but if somebody can help me I will appreciate.
cheers
xavier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:17 am 
Site Admin

CVA5656 wrote:
I still do not have any CVA plane on my FSX

I am not sure what you are asking?

1. Are you asking about CVA planes to use in FSX?

you can go here Fleet

click "Regional" "International" "Cargo" (look for the FSX models to download)

2. Are you asking about CVA palnes to show in multiplayer mode such as Vatsim?

SB4 I do not know how this is done

FSINN I do know and I can help you.

Edited By CVA9214 on 1239063497

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

Make sure you have downloaded one or both of the aircraft files in your first post. They come as a zipped file since a lot of anti virus programs have been known to dislike exe files. Once you have downloaded the file, you need to extract or unzip the file so it is no longer compressed.

Once you have the exe file, launch the installer and make sure when it asks you to browse to your Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder, that you have the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder highlighted in the browse window. Do Not Browse to the Airplanes folder! Allow the installer to finish running.

Next, download this file....

http://canadianva.com/Fleet/FSX/Dash8Pan_Snd_X.zip

Make sure that you extract it and run the installer in the exact same fashion as I just mentioned. You should be able to find the aircraft after that.

Let us know if this helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:35 pm 

Thank you CHUCK,
thanks for your patience and help to organize my plane on FSX, very precious info also on different topic. First Class.
cheers
Xavier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:24 am 

Hello!
I am happy, I flew today from Comox BC to YVR and everything is working fine, I am now ready for more.
My flight was recorded properly.
GREAT
Xavier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:38 am 

Good day all, Finally I have found a site that I can enjoy :) i have been looking for something like this for a while now. I am looking forward to start flying and building my hours. I have couple questions tho, first, the Dash 8 aircraft that I dowloaded, I don't get any display in my cockpit, I have no control on the panels even tho I dowloaded and installed the panel and sound file as required. Second, do I have to use these specific aircrafts, because I have the pmdg B1900 and its fully functional. Oh by the way I am still running FS2004, but thinking to switch to FSx, what do you guys think :). Would appreciate any suggestion. thanx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:55 pm 

Using the payware pmdg 1900, that you have, is perfectly acceptable.

cheers Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

Hi! Sorry you are having issues with the Dash 8. The usual problem with the install is pointing the installer to the wrong location. Assuming that your Flight Simulator 9 install is on your C drive, you should install it in the following directory...

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9

Try running the installer once more making sure that when you are asked to browse to your FS9 folder, you select just the Flight Simulator 9 folder. Also, we do have CVA textures available for the PMDG B1900D.

As far as FSX goes, I am running a Core 2 Duo at 2.13 GHz with 2 gig of ram and a 7950GT 512 meg video card. After considerable tweaking, I can get around 30 FPS in "most" conditions with most sliders at around 75%.

I think you will find that our support of FS leans more towards FS9 at the moment. As more aircraft options become available, we will likely reverse that and start to favor FSX.

Let us know if you get the panel working. If not, PM me and I will set up a time to work with you to resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:51 am 

And most of us are still using FS9, so you're in good company.

Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:11 am 

Thank you All for the responces, but I think i will wait to go home from afghanistan, should be home in a couple of weeks :) can not wait. I will try then on my home computer rather than my laptop lol. See you guys up in the air soon :) bye for now.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]