It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:59 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:57 pm 

i reinstalled Fs9 because when I showed up at my airport, The scenery never changed, throttle up and change view and all scenery showed up frozen but the gauges showed I was moving. i would change view and the last view would show up ,, this is why i uninstalled the fs9 for. and its still having the same problems, i uninstalled the Fs9 cofig and will un-install the scenery and hope it re-creates the file at start up , but i am at a loss. any one care to offer help .
Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:21 pm 

Terry, are you using any add-ons at all; scenery, texture, planes, etc?

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:02 pm 

I just got off line, were I checked a few forms,, It turns out that Vista again has screwed me and My machine up again. I had to open the Fs9 exe and Disable desktop composition and now it works ok and all my Aircraft and extra scenery are all in the toilet again and I have to go through all my disks and find and install them again.(holding off getting W-7 until i get back from Cuba in November (vacation) (no cruses for me lol) My bet is there is a special place in hell for Microsoft developers (Vista)
Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:52 pm 
Site Admin

Terry Laite wrote:
I just got off line, were I checked a few forms,, It turns out that Vista again has screwed me and My machine up again. I had to open the Fs9 exe and Disable desktop composition and now it works ok and all my Aircraft and extra scenery are all in the toilet again and I have to go through all my disks and find and install them again.(holding off getting W-7 until i get back from Cuba in November (vacation) (no cruses for me lol) My bet is there is a special place in hell for Microsoft developers (Vista)
Terry

You may want to wait a little longer. There have been boatloads of reports that there are problems with Win7 installs (primarily upgrades) causing computers to continuously reboot, or product keys not being accepted.

Interesting this never showed up during the initial beta or RC testing - likely because it was a fresh install every time :D

Ahhh Microsoft...so close...yet so far away....<Sigh>

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:02 am 

There will be a lot of service packs out before long.
Hopefully it wont take years and they work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:54 am 

Quote:
There have been boatloads of reports that there are problems with Win7 installs (primarily upgrades) causing computers to continuously reboot, or product keys not being accepted.

Microsoft wants a format and fresh install for Windows 7. If you just install over the beta, well good luck.

Image....Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

Cal Jordan (CVA371) wrote:
Quote:
There have been boatloads of reports that there are problems with Win7 installs (primarily upgrades) causing computers to continuously reboot, or product keys not being accepted.

Microsoft wants a format and fresh install for Windows 7. If you just install over the beta, well good luck.

Yup - I know that...

The reports come from customers that are doing proper upgrades to valid products (i.e. - Vista to Win 7) and the upgrades had been failing.

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:19 pm 

Thanks for the info guys. I was real close to doing the switch. I think I'll stay with my Vista 64 for a while even though I'm not real happy with it (unstable). FSX has been running pretty well lately. I gotta feeling SP1 (Windows 7) will be out soon.

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:14 pm 

My daughter bought a sweet laptop last year and being as stubborn as her mom, ran into problems with it 2 months ago while I was away, she and her boyfriend (Knowing they were smarter then her mom and I decided it was garbage and bought a new one. 3 days ago she presented it to me saying that if I could fix it or save the parts it was mine.. 6 hours later after getting vista off it and reinstalling Xp. i now have a nice rig (working) for my flightsim at work and anything else I need, i think I will just stick to Xp for now. I may even be able to get on line again with the laptop.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]