It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:26 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:23 pm 

Hi,

In reading the forums I have seen that I am able to use Flight1's PC-12 on any of the class 1 flights. However when I am logging my flight in FSAcars the PC-12 is not in the list of aircraft to choose. Is there anyway to add it to the list or do I pick a comparable one. The flight I just took I picked the B-350 and made comments in the remarks that I was using the PC-12.

Thanks,

Brian Minty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:29 pm 

Hi Brian,

I think as long as you let management know that you used a different aircraft, that should be fine with them(unless its not an aircraft you are able to fly yet)

As for it not being in the Aircraft list, maybe its got a different kind of aircraft code? Sometimes I find that someo f the abbreviations aren't that easy to pick up and say oh yeah! thats the 747-200 or something.

Or it just might not be on the list, which Im sure management would be happy to fix :)

I see this is ur first post some im assuming your new to the VA, welcome!

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:41 pm 

mattymsboi wrote:
Hi Brian,

I think as long as you let management know that you used a different aircraft, that should be fine with them(unless its not an aircraft you are able to fly yet)

As for it not being in the Aircraft list, maybe its got a different kind of aircraft code? Sometimes I find that someo f the abbreviations aren't that easy to pick up and say oh yeah! thats the 747-200 or something.

Or it just might not be on the list, which Im sure management would be happy to fix :)

I see this is ur first post some im assuming your new to the VA, welcome!

-Matt

First post, just joined, first VA, loving everything about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Brian, you did the right thing using the B-350 code. We do not want to tell pilots that they cannot use their favorite aircraft but it would be impossible or at least a real management problem to try to accommodate all the possible aircraft types. So picking a flight with a comparable aircraft and flying it is quite acceptable. If you try to add your aircraft code yourself, it shows as an error on the management side and we have to manually fix it. It is not a huge deal, but it is better if you use an aircraft code that already exists.

Welcome to CVA!! :thumbsup:

I started a paint job for the PC-12 awhile ago but the alpha layer was giving me the beans. If time permits, I will delve back into it and see what I can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:50 pm 

Hi Brian.

Welcome to CVA! You'll like it here cause we're a great bunch. I fly the PC-12 often. Great airplane. I have the payware from Flight One. It's been cleared in earlier posts so fly away.

Image Image Image

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]