It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:36 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:32 pm 

Hi guys, I been gone for awhile do to a move, and being very busy at work.

I have noticed I am not listed in the Vancouver hub, and I cant remember my login info. I can log on the forums but not the main page.

Im hoping to get back into fly'ing again.

Hope someone can help me out, and maybe I can fly the next multi.

Thanks for your HELP !
CVA69

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:40 pm 

OK i;m and idiot, I see I had to re register. I did....hope MY Callsign is the Same???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome back James. Chuck will fix you up also to included your previous hours with CVA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:30 am 

Hi James - good to see you back.

Your callsign IS the same - sort of. :shutup:

You can use your old callsign as usual, but meanwhile, someone out there may have a "new CVA" callsign that looks the same since everyone in the new CVA is getting a new callsign ID. So just use yours as usual, I think, but if yours is between 0001 and 0300 or so, someone may show as having the same one in certain situations, like the forum. For example, I registered 24th in the new CVA so I'm CVA0024, but I'm also still CVA199.

Get it? :laugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:24 am 
Site Admin

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
Hi James - good to see you back.

Your callsign IS the same - sort of. :shutup:

You can use your old callsign as usual, but meanwhile, someone out there may have a "new CVA" callsign that looks the same since everyone in the new CVA is getting a new callsign ID. So just use yours as usual, I think, but if yours is between 0001 and 0300 or so, someone may show as having the same one in certain situations, like the forum. For example, I registered 24th in the new CVA so I'm CVA0024, but I'm also still CVA199.

Get it? :laugh:

Actually...the new numbers are not callsigns but are your CVA Pilot ID number which is simply used to track you here at the CVA Office. You can still use your old callsign when flying online Vatsim.

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:26 pm 

Yes, BUT.

there is a but, right? What happens when someone new is CVA0199, and they want to go onto VATSIM andn I am CVA199 on VATSIM. They will bump into me then.

Ohhhhhh, you mean they shouldn't use their CVA # for VATSIM? ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:00 am 

Rob Vanderkam · Posted on Sep. 01 2009,09:26
Quote:
What happens when someone new is CVA0199, and they want to go onto VATSIM andn I am CVA199 on VATSIM. They will bump into me then.

Ohhhhhh, you mean they shouldn't use their CVA # for VATSIM?

Rob, If someone tries to use a call sign that is already taken , it (Vatsim) will tell them that the call sign is not available.

In the situation you have mentioned above, the pilot who holds the CVA ID number CVA0199 ,,,, if he inputs that number into the vatsim registery it should work alright, because then his Vatsim call sign will be CVA0199 , and your Vatsim call sign will still be CVA199.

This could create a little bit of confusion (for a controller) when you are both flying in the same controlled airspace , but that is where the skill and challenge comes in , eh . :D

[color=blue] "Canadian one niner niner"

"Canadian zero one niner niner"

Can you hear the difference ? :p

.[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:43 pm 

Ok, well I guess it is what it is. It just kind of sucks that our call sign we have been using for years can't still be our CVA # as well. What about FSARCS, won't it want to see our new CVA # when logging a flight. Seems better to us our new call sign on both for sake of consistency. Or everybody including myself will be confused. ??? I had even set up an email address that was the same as my old calsign, but I don't have that anymore as I don't have the same provider after moving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

Make sure you read the Quick Start Guide thread in the FSAcars forum. Otherwise, fsacars will not record your time correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:43 pm 

Marty CVA1974 wrote:
Rob Vanderkam · Posted on Sep. 01 2009,09:26 [b]"Canadian one niner niner"

"Canadian zero one niner niner"

Can you hear the difference ? :p

I followed CVA standards when I joined before the new site and used CVA0014 but now I'm CVA0022. So a new guy could be CVA0014 as well, but he won't be able to get it on VATSIM since I took it already.

It's no big deal now 'cause we're relatively few on multis, but one thing I learned as a programmer is that it's always better to straighten things like this early.

It's also less confusing to the new folks that step in.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:20 pm 

I don't really think it's a big deal. I just wanted to be clear about it. I hate being more confused than I need to be, and already am!

James, the new system is well worth any startup hiccups. You'll love it. Have fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:45 pm 

Rob Vanderkam wrote:
I don't really think it's a big deal. I just wanted to be clear about it. I hate being more confused than I need to be, and already am!

James, the new system is well worth any startup hiccups. You'll love it. Have fun.

Oh definitely, the new site is great to use once you get used to it.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:31 pm 

I can't really relate to the old system because I only joined CVA when they had the new system/website in place :p But from what I hear about the old system, I like our new system better, my favorite is the live map, it helps me figure out when I should descend for an approach if theres no ATC online, or how much longer my flight will be.

Trust me, I had lots of road blocks when I was trying to get everything set up, if you like, you could look at the whole thread I made when I needed help, theres lots of great imput from everyone there too ^^ Lets see.... ah here it is Help Thread

It might not solve any of your problems but who knows maybe you've had some of the same problems as me :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

mattymsboi wrote:
I can't really relate to the old system because I only joined CVA when they had the new system/website in place :p But from what I hear about the old system, I like our new system better, my favorite is the live map, it helps me figure out when I should descend for an approach if theres no ATC online, or how much longer my flight will be.

Trust me, I had lots of road blocks when I was trying to get everything set up, if you like, you could look at the whole thread I made when I needed help, theres lots of great imput from everyone there too ^^ Lets see.... ah here it is Help Thread

It might not solve any of your problems but who knows maybe you've had some of the same problems as me :)

The old website was good and it did the job for many years and provided members the info they needed at the time. FSAcars as well was linked in to the old site with the live map as well. The old site was also custom programmed originally by Craig Farrell and then taken over by myself and modified accordingly to get us into the initial FSAcars world.

The new site is cleaner and has more features like flight bidding, more detailed tracking info for pilots, integrated flight plan map details, finances, and more. All in all it has been a great move to the new system and while there were some small challenges we did not anticipate we continue to work with the new developer of phpVMS to improve things as we go along.

CVA is ranked #1 with the developer as well because we are one of the larger VA's and ACTIVE VA's on a regular basis. We average about 15 - 30 flights a day from our members which is nice to see :D

As updates / changes come available we'll keep everyone posted.

Cheers!

CVA7769

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]