It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:06 am

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:39 pm 
Site Admin

The best bet is to go to Simroutes and select your flightplan there. Once you have your flightplan, download it in FSX format so that you can load the flightplan.

Actually, this was discussed in some detail just a month or so ago...here is a cut and paste of the technique from that thread...

Quote:
Once you have selected a flight plan, you will see a download button. There is also a drill down selection there. Click it and select FS2006(FSX). It will prompt you to accept a download. Download that file and put it in your .../My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files folder.

Next, start up FSX and select Flight Planner and then the Load button. You should see your downloaded flightplan. Select your flightplan and you should be good to go.

Make sure when you put the flightplan into your Flight Simulator X folder that you remember the name of the file and also that FSX is not running. If you place the file into the folder while FSX is running, you will have to restart to be able to select it.

You are somewhat limited with what you can do with the internal FSX flight planner. This is a workaround that will let you get a more complex plan to load.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:59 am 

No kidding, the internal FS-X planner is a pain when you have to search for a particular item.

I must have missed that thread, I had taken a short break from flying.

I save all flight plans as ClassNumber FlightNumber ?FR Departure Arrival, that way I can pull old stuff back out easily.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2