It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:42 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:33 pm 

After a few nights of controllers telling me all they heard was static I decided to finally step up and get a headset, all pilots should have one, eh?

After testing with ATC, they can now indeed hear me!

Now I need to set up the audio part which I'm hoping some other people have had experience in. I'd like to have just the ATC voice coming through my headset, with all other sound directed to my speakers. I only have a back speaker set so I'm not sure how it will work since I have my front speakers routed to my desktop speakers, my rear to my stereo leaving me with side, ctr and line in options. As you can guess, this is not a usb headset.

I'm using FSInn, so maybe there's a setting in there where I can designate the audio from the ATC to go to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:16 am 

Brian,
I think that the way you can get just ATC through the headset , and the engine sounds through the speakers , can only be done with "USB" headphones.

I do not have "USB" headset either and I've never been able to get it to work that way. I would think if it were possible to install a second sound card then you may be able to do it , but I've never tried it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:20 pm 

Marty has it bang on. You need at least two different sound cards to make this work. A USB headset has a sound card built in whereas your standard stereo headset does not. I came across a 2nd sound card by accident when i purchased a keyboard/mouse combo that came with some speakerphone thing built within the wireless receiver.

Then in FSInn somewhere (or SB) you can choose where you want your audio to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:57 pm 

Ok, Thanks for the clarification guys! Now if I ever come across a spare sound card I know what to do with it!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]