It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:58 am

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:25 pm 

Alright, here's some questions I've been meaning to ask for a little while, perhaps someone can help me out. I just DL SB4 and played around with it a bit (I fly FSX so this is the first time I've used it). From what I can see, it lacks a radar screen that FSInn has?

My mucking around also led me to defining my aircraft and what airline I am. I notice from the multi pictures that a lot of you guys use the CVA paint when displaying other CVA aircraft. I'm assuming you need to have the livery installed in your FS before you can display them and you're not tapping into some online database that I don't know about? FSX liveries for CVA are hard to come by...

As for the way in which you display a fellow CVA'er in their true colours, in FSInn I know how to do this (although it does require some meticulous adjusting of the defaults as you go), where do you do this in SB4?

Now to the audio problems. Last night I was having some major problems with both VA voice and ATC, being choppy and garbled. However, earlier in the day, I chatted with ATC with little to no problems. I'm fairly confident I have the VA voice set up correctly this time on FSInn as I could hear snippets of what you guys were saying last night. SB4 seems much easier to set up in this respect.

That's about all for now, let me know what your thoughts are!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:56 pm 

Hi Brian,
If it's of any help to you, as you are trying to rectify your problems, I just want to let you know that when you were talking to us last night on the private channel , we could hear you talking perfectly. After answering you , it became obvious to us that you were not hearing us, so Robert did say he sent you a text message, but I don't know if you even got that.

Keep in mind that there was several "odd" things happening last night too , so it may not have been all due to problems with your particular system. It could have been problems with the servers also.

After you disconnected last night, as we were getting ready to leave Alberni, the Air Traffic Controller did mention that there were several weird things happening with the servers last night , since it took a VERY long , long time for him to receive our flight plans.
We departed Alberni and he later gave us our Squawk Codes while we were in the air, which is very unusual.

FYI , I am using FS2004 and Squawkbox 3 , and last night I had to reboot my computer to get things working properly and I can't remember that ever happening to me before.

If I can help you with your problem by going on line at the same airport for some "testing" or anything , just let me know and perhaps we can pick a time.

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>[color=orange]<span style='font-family:georgia'>Good Luck !</span>
</span>[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

I have been having the same problems with the FSINN voice lately. I can not attribute it to the weird things of the server last night because this happened before on several occasions. I have not pinpointed as to why this is happening but I am thinking that it maybe only with some particular planes that I am using, and not all.

A question for you is, when you said you tried FSINN this morning and your sound was good, was this same plane you used on the Multi?

My sound was also poor last night and the only way I could communicate was to turn off the Flightsim sound. Then everything was perfect. So there is some kind of interference there that I am studying.

As for SB4, getting your planes to show up as CVA is not that difficult. This is just like SB3 and its predecessor. It relies on a CSL (common scenery library). Look for it in your program files of your PC only problem is that CVA planes are not in the CSL that is distributed by the SB people. Note also that if a plane shows up next to you and it is not in the library then a paper airplane will be displayed. I believe Keith Henry at one time had a download link to a CSL library that had CVA planes in it. But I have no idea where this is at now. With CVA planes in your CSL you are able to see CVA planes with the Multi’s.

I as you may know, I use FSINN and I address this with the INN Plane of FSINN. I set it for CVA planes as they come up, I can only do this if I have a CVA plane of that kind in my aircraft directory of Flightsim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:06 pm 

Frank,

Now that you mention it, I was actually using the same plane (Cessna Caravan) for both my flight where the audio worked and the multi where it did not. Good to know you guys could hear me though, so at least I can talk...

Flew again yesterday and had no problems with the audio so it goes in cycles it seems.

Interesting that SB comes with its own airline database. I use Traffic software so that's where I get all my liveries from. Seems the advantage of SB is in the livery display where for FSInn it is the radar. What do you know of changing the default settings for the display in FSinn if a DAL airline code is displayed, can I get the program to always display delta liveries? That would be a big help to only have to do it once. Still not sure what I'll do about getting you guys to show up in CVA colours though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:38 pm 
Site Admin

Bryan

Interesting that you mentioned about the Voice and the plane maybe it is a server issue. Maybe it was lack of oxygen that made me think it was plane related.

As for FSINN and planes I will make you a tutorial in the next couple of days with Photoshop (a picture tells a thousand words) to show you how to set the plane display permanent.

Right now what you can do is go to http://www.projectai.com/
Download the installer and then download the Packages you like. I.e. Delta, American, Northwest, West jet, Air Canada and so on. This is your Library that FSINN will use. In the settings of FSINN it has an option to check to use lower resolution models. They are low resolution models and will not affect your frame rate. As for the CVA models go to our library and install the CVA planes. This is what I will use to show you how to set in FSINN permanently. The CVA planes will affect your frame rate a bit more because of the better resolution but so far our multies are under ten pilots.

Edited By CVA9214 on 1219700675

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:14 pm 

This could be the solution to your audio problems:

If you go in to your FSInn control panel (the 6 lights in your taskbar) under Voice-> VATSIM check what it says in the headset and speaker drop down. I had problems with one of the two options (wave and direct sound) but I don't remember which one. Try your voice comms on both and see if either one makes things better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Danny
I will look at this

One thing for sure a computer has a million settings, one thing out of place and "BANG" nothing works and everybody points the finger at software’s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:46 am 

I remember that FSInn worked best for me with the wave settings. I have a USB headset/mic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:19 am 

I also read about that wave/direct thing but couldn't find where to change it. Thanks!

Looking forward to the tutorial Frank!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:22 am 
Site Admin

dburtch wrote:

If you go in to your FSInn control panel (the 6 lights in your taskbar) under Voice-> VATSIM check what it says in the headset and speaker drop down. I had problems with one of the two options (wave and direct sound) but I don't remember which one. Try your voice comms on both and see if either one makes things better.

Thank you Danny and Rob
I am sure you are right about the problem. I noticed that my settings where set to Direct Voice. So I changed it to Wave. We shall see what happens in the next multi.
This I am sure must be the problem because Direct voice is what it is "Direct" and should my system receives too much too fast it would drop parts of the sound so as to grab the next voice data string. Where as wave would be buffered and would transmit on the next available slot. This would explain the choppy voice transmissions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

Here is the tutorial I promised I hope it makes sense and should you have any questions.

FSINN TUTORIAL

Edited By CVA9214 on 1220109455

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:13 pm 
Site Admin

CVA9214 wrote:
Here is the tutorial I promised I hope it makes sense and should you have any questions.

FSINN Tutorial

Hey Frank,

The link shows up funny because the filename cannot have spaces in it. If you manually past the http:// into your browser though it works.

You may just want to rename the file with no spaces and edit your original post.

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

Fixed
Thanks for the tip Darryl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

dburtch wrote:

Danny thanks this was the problem. I changed it to wave and my voice works perfectly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:44 am 

I changed mine as well but havn't had a chance to check it yet..I'm sure it sounds like it will be fixed though!

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next