It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:23 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:42 pm 

I fly the pmdg737. I downloaded the cva colors for the pmdg737-800. Everything sees to install correctly. I mean you edit the aircraft.cfg file and add the new lines. I am using windows7 so when I go to save the edited cfg file it won't let me(security), so get around it quickly I save to another folder then copy it to the proper folder. Now if I go look at this new file, sure enough there it is with all the new lines added in. Now I go into the game and I don't see the newly added colors which are supposed to be in the canadian virtual section. So I tried to edit the lines to add the colors to the main pmdg section. Still nothing. So now if I go back and undo everything, going back to square one. I will edit the aircraft.cfg file and change maybe the text about the engines. Save the file and reload the game. The changes in the text are not there in the game, yet they are there in the cfg file.This is the strangest thing I have seen. I can't cover everything here so I know there will be questions. I will try to answer. Thanks for any help. If someone else could edit there pmdg 737-800 cfg file and see if they can add the cva color textures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:07 pm 

Figured it out. I have Windows7 32 bit. I thought there would be no problems. I wasn't running FS in administrator mode. I changed it to that and all the liveries are there. Who would have thought. Anyway problem solved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:18 pm 

Hi Wayne,
I like to fly the PMDG a lot as well and I also ran into something odd when I installed the 800-900. If you fly the 737-700 with winglets with stairs, the horizontal situation gauge and the navigational display change their look after I install the 800-900 PMDG.
I like the gauges before installing the 800-900 better , because you can click them and make them much bigger or undock them if desired. After installing the 800-900 PMDG you can't do this any longer.

Also I can't find a CVA paint for the 737-700 PMDG with winglets and stairs , so that's why whenever I fly it I still have PMDG look.

Anybody else notice this ? ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:19 pm 

I thought we did the PMDG 737-700, maybe it was just the 800 I'll have to check my files

Image....Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:54 am 

Much appreciate that Cal. Thanks ! :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:29 am 

Sorry it was just the 737-800 that I did, you could try and put the same textures in the texture folder of the 737-700, I would think the aircraft is the same as the 800 for size, and it may work. remember to back up your original textures though. I don't have FS9 installed or I would try it. Guess if the fleet colors are going to change I should get it back on, at least for testing.

Edited By Cal Jordan (CVA371) on 1286861497

Image....Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:48 am 

Ok Cal , Thanks for checking that for me.

??? It seems to me I tried that a while back but I'm not sure now ,,, I'll try it anyhow and let you know. Not sure when I will get the time though. I need a few more hours in the days lately.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:51 am 

Hi guys
For me it's not that I can't edit the aircraft.cfg file. I can edit it, save it and close it. Then call it up again and see that yes it did take the changes. It's when I go into the game and find that there are no textures. I looked in the Canadian virtual section, nothing. But yet in the file it shows that the text is there. I can go as far as changing the description part of the text. The text that shows up on the right of the aircraft while it's turning. It may say something about the engines and so on. I can actually change all the text in the aircraft file and when I go into the game and look at the text I was supposed to have changed. It will still show the original text with no changes. So where is it getting that from if the text file does not read that way. I have found that if you right click on the fs9 exe file and run as admin it will then work and the aircraft show up in the game as a Canadian virtual choice. But the problem with that is then the game thinks that all the scenery or aircraft I have installed before while not in admin mode will not be seen, So I have to either add all my scenery again or go back to not admin mode. One other thing with fs9.exe running in admin mode, then acars will not work. Acars tells me that my aircraft is not on the ground. Which is wrong, I am on the ground waiting to taxi. I could also reinstall fs in a directory outside the default, they say it should work then. But doing that would be way to much work for me. I can live with the fact I can't add textures to certain PMDG aircraft, like I edited the 747 and that one works no problem, da go figure. I tried putting the PMDG 800 textures in the 700. The text file edits no problem, but then for me they don't show up at all in the game. But then that's a Windows7 glitch. I guess if I can't fly CVA colors for the PMDG then I'll just have to stick with West Jet.

Hi Marty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:33 am 

Hi Wayne , :wink:

Thanks for that info. Now I'm gittin' scared :shock:

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]