It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:53 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:55 am 

Alright I have a Vatsim ID and password and I have followed the FSInn setup on Vatsims website but I need help I cannot connect to the vatsim network nor can I seem to get a server list up and running?

Any one with MSN who can try and help before the multi tonight would be great kad_fire@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:13 am 
Site Admin

I'd try to help you but my batting average with FSInn so far is dismal. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:20 am 

What server do we play on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:43 am 

Well thank you very much Chuck for all the help you gave me tonight. Although I was unable to finish the whole route it was a great time to fly with some of you I will be getting a head set very soon, which will make life a whole bunch better...

I have to say it was quite a show to see some people taking off in Learjets I know their are a few people out their still using FS9 I am guessing that was the issue.

It will be fun to get on again in the future I will have to try some flights on my own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:18 pm 

I found a post on the VATSIM forum that said the server drop down list in FSInn no longer works. It posted these servers:

I use South USA 3.

Kaleb, Glad you are up and running! I use a logitech USB headset (about $30 US) and have no problems (at least with the headset)! Yes the differences between FSX and FS9 cause some strange things sometimes. Some runways are not in the same position and scenery can be very different (see Revelstoke in last multi). And I haven't figured out the plane assignment thing completely. You can sometimes change aircraft plane assignments in FSInn Advanced PLA settings.

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:39 pm 

So does it matter what sever you play on? or are they all connected I was on US West SF last night and was playing with most of the CVA guys if not all of them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:46 pm 

Jebus wrote:
So does it matter what sever you play on? or are they all connected I was on US West SF last night and was playing with most of the CVA guys if not all of them?

Kaleb I don't think it matters which server you connect to, you will still be connecting to the same "place" but just from a different "door" As long as you choose a server near you which is probably one of the 2 U.S ones, then you should connect to the vatsim network just fine :)

And if your looking for a headset I have a cheap cyber acoustics headset that looks like something a telemarketor would wear :p (1 earphone and a mic attached underneath) But then again the better the headset, the better sound quality, everyone says they can hear me 5/5 so thats all that matters to me :p

And if you need any additional help with vatsim my hotmail is maplenib@hotmail.com you can drop me an e-mail or an msn message if im online.

-Matt

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]