It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:34 pm

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:41 pm 

Well problem is not solved don't know if any of u have seen me on the live map sitting in the same place for hours but the crashes have come back and I have come to the conclusion that the video card is gone and I will have to RMA my 8800GTX :shutup: :shutup: :( :( :(

Any ways long story short I won't be around for a while as my main gaming rig is going to be offline for a while. which sucks because I wanted to get onto Vatsim this weekend.

Any ways I will be around the forums stalking topics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:25 pm 

Jebus wrote:
Well problem is not solved don't know if any of u have seen me on the live map sitting in the same place for hours but the crashes have come back and I have come to the conclusion that the video card is gone and I will have to RMA my 8800GTX :shutup: :shutup: :( :( :(

Any ways long story short I won't be around for a while as my main gaming rig is going to be offline for a while. which sucks because I wanted to get onto Vatsim this weekend.

Any ways I will be around the forums stalking topics.

Hey Kaleb, sorry to hear your having this problem, The only thing I can think of would be a ram failure possibly? My logic is that if your ram is failing sometimes it might let you run FSX sometimes and othertimes not, depends when your ram would be failing. I would have suspected a fan or cooling system problem if your computer was completely crashing, like mine did when the fan blew out...

My ram theory is probably not right but just trying to throw something onto the table to try and help you out.

When you do manage to fix up your problem, and if you need help with Vatsim or anything i'd be happy to help!

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:18 pm 

No it is the video card It is starting to artifact and I have tested it on another computer that is running just fine same problems...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:04 am 

I had mine just stop, to desktop, figured out it was some scenery that I had just installed. If I flew from Calgary to Vancouver, no problem but the other way and it would just quit. Try disabling any scenery that you have added recently Does it happen at the same time in a flight all the time?

Image....Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:29 am 

Jebus wrote:
No it is the video card It is starting to artifact and I have tested it on another computer that is running just fine same problems...

If it is starting to artifact then it is definitely the card. Have you overclocked the card? If yes, then return it to default settings.

Is it old, are the cooling fins full of lint? (Old model does not mean worn out if you bought it new 3 months ago on eBay, that's why I ask) It could be a ventilation problem, that could explain why it sometimes takes time to crash.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:07 pm 

No the video card is gone, I have had it since new for about 2 and half years running none stop 24/7 It can't be scenery because I haven't installed anything other then the default settings.
Also on top of that I was also testing out other games like BF2 it is also starting to artifact and had a crash playing HD video it's the card I have seen problem like this with other cards of mine... and it's not an over heating issue, I clean my computer every few months.

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2