It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 am

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:48 pm 

What I meant was 1.2 & 1.7 for FS9 & 1.3 & 1.7 for FSX.

1.3 and 1.7 will work on FS9 depending on your operating system.

Image Image

What is that goat doing way up here in the clouds?
www.virtual-skies.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:15 pm 

Alright so by some miracle I got VATSIM to connect!!(Yay me, high fives all around :p)

Now another potential problem(as usual), this is what I got when I tried to open up the chat part of FSInn thingy.....Image

Oh and what does the Green text at the top mean? And could somebody please tell me what to so now that I can connect to VATSIM, I do hear faint voices in the background but fsx ATC is louder and its confusing, help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:31 pm 

I seem to recall all those things are in the help files for FSInn. They're pretty extensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

When running the text chat the first time it might give an error. You can fix this by running FSInnUI (the Inn Control Panel) once from the Start Menu and clicking on Chat. (For Vista right click to run as administrator.)

Try this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:52 am 

Ok I fixed all that, now im logged on and Im sitting at the gate in Halifax like an idiot trying to talk to ATC lol.
I don't think I have my audio set up properly, I can hear them speak but I cannot talk to them.

Im also havin a little trouble logging a fligh plan with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:10 am 
Site Admin

You need to set up your PTT button (push to talk).

see this forum

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=20466

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:37 am 

mattymsboi wrote:
Ok I fixed all that, now im logged on and Im sitting at the gate in Halifax like an idiot trying to talk to ATC lol.

My best piece of advice would be to sit at an airport (at a gate and not on a runway or taxiway) where ATC is present and listen. You can download either Servinfo or VATspy to see where ATC is logged in.

File a flight plan with your departure and arrival airports as the one you are sitting at, in the route put something like "New pilot, Observing", tune the controller's frequency on your radios and listen. Ensure that FSX ATC is turned down and any AI traffic in FSX is set to 0%.

You might feel a bit overwhelmed in the beginning but the controllers are there to help, provided they aren't too busy. So if you have any questions while online, send the controller a private message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:12 pm 

Alright, and to file a flight plan, I saw something like that on the VATSIM website, where it can enter their database and an ATC controller can use it when I request it, is that right?

And second does any1 know how I can get all the other sounds except for ATC audio to be playing on my headphones that I wear in order to communicate with ATC, Idealy I would like all engine/cockpit/ect. sounds to be heard on my computers audio speakers and for ATC voice to be heard on my headphones that I am wearing, is this possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:47 pm 

mattymsboi wrote:
Alright, and to file a flight plan, I saw something like that on the VATSIM website, where it can enter their database and an ATC controller can use it when I request it, is that right?

And second does any1 know how I can get all the other sounds except for ATC audio to be playing on my headphones that I wear in order to communicate with ATC, Idealy I would like all engine/cockpit/ect. sounds to be heard on my computers audio speakers and for ATC voice to be heard on my headphones that I am wearing, is this possible?

There are two ways to file a flight plan:
1. Via the VATSIM pre-file system which is done on the VATSIM website or
2. With your pilot client (FSINN or Squawkbox) once you log in. With FSINN click the FP button on the control panel and just fill out all the fields

In order to have the sound split you need to have either a 2nd sound card or a USB headset. Is your head set USB or does it plug into where your speakers would be plugged in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:49 pm 

Another thing you can do so that you can hear the ATC chatter (if you use FSX. Not sure if it's the same in FS9) if your engines are really loud or you have other airport background noise is open a second view window.

From the toolbar go to views, new view, tower, (pick a smaller tower away from the airport you are sitting at.

You can then re-size the new view window so it doesn't take much space on your screen. If you click your mouse on that view window you will hear only sounds from near that tower (should be minimal if you've chosen a small airport). You can then simply switch back and forth by clicking the appropriate window.

Hope this helps.

Image Image

What is that goat doing way up here in the clouds?
www.virtual-skies.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:28 pm 

Ok thanks Randy I will try that :D, and also I plug my headset into the front of my computer, theres a section with a usb and 2 holes to plug in audio and sound. When I plug in my headset my computer speakers do not work, so im assuming I only have 1 sound card?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:28 am 

mattymsboi wrote:
Ok thanks Randy I will try that :D, and also I plug my headset into the front of my computer, theres a section with a usb and 2 holes to plug in audio and sound. When I plug in my headset my computer speakers do not work, so im assuming I only have 1 sound card?

Yes that's correct. So for now you are stuck having all sounds come through either your speakers or through your headset.

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2