It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:05 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:44 pm 

I tried logging my flight hours using the bookmaked addy that I have for Auto VA (http://www.canadianva.com/autova/) but I get website not found error. I read that the server is up and running. Do I need to do something on my end?

Thanks
Stephen Smith
CVA-1269

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

Good Mornign Stephen
The Auto VA system is no longer in use. We are using FSACARS to log our flight hours. It is very easy to use once you read the turorial. So here is what you need to do in a few short steps.

1. Download FSACARS ( http://www.canadianva.com/fsacars/FSAcars_CVA.zip )
2. Read the tutorial ( http://www.canadianva.com/fsacars/CVA_fsacars1.5.pdf )
3. Install FSACARS
4. Start FS
5. Start you online Pilot Client (SB3, SB4 or FSINN)
6. Start your FSACARS
7. Set up your FSACARS as per tutorial
8. Start FSACARS log
9. Fly your flight.
10. At the gate apply parking brakes then stop log in FSACARS
11. go to send log tab in FSACARS and click send Log

thats is and the pilot roster gets updated automatically. You can click on the flight in your pilot roster log on the CVA web site and see how your flight did.

Just a note fly well because everyone else here can see how you did also as you too have access to everyone else flight record.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Just a note fly well because everyone else here can see how you did also as you too have access to everyone else flight record.

Tell me about it. I had a good landing at Eldorado last night then realised I forgot to start FSAcars. When I was on short final at Cordova...like really short final, I had some idiot position and hold right in front of me. I floated over him easy enough but by then was a little flustered and settled too quick. Guy must have thought it was no big deal because he took off over me while I was still rolling out.

Oh, well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Stephen,

Yes, AutoVA was decommissioned about 2 months ago or thereabouts. We have moved over to a new tracking system called FSAcars and further info can be found from the main page by clicking on the Flight Ops link, and then the FSAcars link.

FSAcars is a completely automated system that will track all of your hours if you have it up and running when you fly and submit your hours. The rosters are therefore automated in terms of tracking your logs as well and will be up to date every time you submit your logs. This was a problem with the old system that has now been corrected.

Lastly as Frank has indicated it really gives you as a pilot a much better appreciation for how well you are flying an aircraft. It tracks things such as your weights & fuel burn, descent rate / landing rate, when you applied flaps, etc etc. This information can be displayed through the hub rosters by clicking on any pilot. You will then see a pilots list of flights that they have completed. Click again on the actual flight number and you will see the full details of that flight.

Welcome back again to CVA!

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:53 am 

and let me add that you don't need to use FSACARS like, now!

You can take your time. If you have any trouble with it, just keep track of your hours yourself while you figure it out. Then once you're up and running, if FSACARS missed a whole lot of flying hours, let Darryl know and he'll add them manually. (Yes, that's easy for me to say! :D

The point is, don't get too frustrated if you have trouble with FSACARS. It's like everything else in FS - you'll eventually pick it up and it will be second nature. Like riding a 747!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:23 am 

It was decomissioned 2 months ago? I've been using it up until the server was changed a week or 2 ago. I lost about 7.5 hours? Is there a way to retrieve those hours/flights and put them in FSACARS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:35 am 
Site Admin

CVA-1269 wrote:
It was decomissioned 2 months ago? I've been using it up until the server was changed a week or 2 ago. I lost about 7.5 hours? Is there a way to retrieve those hours/flights and put them in FSACARS?

Hi Stephen,

AutoVA was decomissioned about 2 months ago by simply removing the links from our pages. The database was still intact and hidden but just no new information should have been going into it unless people were using old bookmarked links (sounds like this is what you had). In actuality the database was taken completely offline about 2 weeks ago. I checked your records and you actually only had about 4 hours in total but I've credited you for the 7.5 as requested.

A couple of things:

1) You will need to sign up with VATSIM to get an ID (this will be required if you want to do any online flights with the gang in the future).

2) Most importantly - Your hours can now only be tracked by using FSAcars. Make sure you get this setup and installed ASAP on your system. You can find the information by going to the main page, click on Flight Ops, and then click on the FSAcars link.

Cheers!

Edited By CVA7769 on 1227676434

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:56 am 

Thanks folks

I already have a VATSIM i.d. and have been on a couple legs of multi's....last week was fun, the airport was busy and I had to perform a hold...ahhhhh!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:07 am 
Site Admin

CVA-1269 wrote:
Thanks folks

I already have a VATSIM i.d. and have been on a couple legs of multi's....last week was fun, the airport was busy and I had to perform a hold...ahhhhh!!!

Good to hear.

Can you shoot me an email with your VATSIM ID so I can update our roster?

Cheers!

CVA7769

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]