It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:11 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:20 am 

It would be awesome if some one could send me some links to the programs I need to fly online I just reformatted my computer and lost every thing I had (not much in term of vatsim)

Any ways I am still clueless as to how to get back onto vatsim or how to communicate on it.

(I finally got a head set so I can now talk)

If some one could put a step by step guide that would be great... I do believe that I am signed up for vatsim...

So if any one has any time on their hands and would like to help that would be great... Also if it is easier to talk me through it I can secure us a Ventrilo channel for a day.

Also I would love to see a CVA night where we just all get online and try to get a Tower up and running and let us get some practice in before I start flying to the crowded air ports I am still freaking out about how the hell I am going to have all my charts up and ready just to taxi right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:23 am 
Site Admin

To get on Vatsim it is easy, I recommend SB4 (squawk box) this is a simple client to use.

http://www.vatsim.net/pilots/pilotsclients/squawkbox/

There is a guide for you to read. Get it up and running ask specific questions and we can help you with this. When you get SB4 up and running park at a busy field and tune your radio to the controller and sit back a listen as to how things are done. Note always keep a notepad and pen handy to write down controller instructions such as clearances and taxi instructions, they can be lengthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:40 am 

But the best link is to VATSIM itself. Click on their "I forgot my password" link, or make a new id, and go throught their pilot resources sections. They have one chapter for each bit of learning you need, and include the software.

For connecting to VATSIM, I use Squawkbox 4 with FSX. I like things as simple as possible since I dont' have time to make a second job out of this. FSInn was okay but it's harder to learn at first.

You'll also need FSUIPC, as described on the VATSIM pages.

And don't forget about FSAcars if you want to log your hours automatically (sort of) on CVA.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:42 pm 

Jebus wrote:
try to get a Tower up and running and let us get some practice in before I start flying to the crowded air ports I am still freaking out about how the hell I am going to have all my charts up and ready just to taxi right.

The best way to practice before starting to fly into crowded airports would be to practice flying between PANC and PAFA few times. The Alaskan airport controllers are very patient and the Alaskan airports are never crowded or busy. Perfect opportunity for you to practice Vatsim flying!!!!

Alaskan airport controllers would help you in everything!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:58 pm 

We also have some CVA guys who are controllers in Ontario. You could ask them when they'll be online. I think they've given one-on-one to other CVAers at times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:58 am 

Yup, my vote goes to Toronto as well.

HyperX Cloud II headset,
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB,
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]