It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:15 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:05 pm 

The FAQ's lists the Pilatus PC12 as a Class 1 Aircraft. It isn't listed as a CVA plane, or at least I can't see it in the downloads or in FSAcars. Can I fly it? I have the Flight 1 PC12 and it's one of my favorites.
Thx

Barry D

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:45 pm 

John, welcome to CVA!

I'm no expert, but I would doubt that anyone will complain about what you fly - we're pretty relaxed around here. Someone might put up some CVA livery for your fav a/c, but if they haven't, try one of our class 1 a/c for variety, or fly whatever you like best. Life's too short to worry much about such minor details.

:;):

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

CVA0190 wrote:
The FAQ's lists the Pilatus PC12 as a Class 1 Aircraft. It isn't listed as a CVA plane, or at least I can't see it in the downloads or in FSAcars. Can I fly it? I have the Flight 1 PC12 and it's one of my favorites.
Thx

Barry D

YEP this one is a great plane fly it. It use to be in our inventory back in the days fo FS7 and FS8. Wait a minute!!! it's missing. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:19 am 
Site Admin

Welcome Barry to the VA!

PC-12 - Most definitely you can use it as a Class 1 as that is one of our aircraft but it seems we have misplaced the CVA downloads for it :) We'll have a look and get back to you on that one.

Come on out to our weekly multi's (usually Saturday is the hot night to be there....but alternate is Wednesdays and pretty good too). We have a CVA private voice channel. Dig through the forums here or ask and someone will post the info on this so you can chat with your fellow pilots.

Cheers!

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:57 pm 

What is our VA's private channel? No wonder nobody was talking during last saturdays multi LOL, I was on the UNICOM waiting for sum1 to talk :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:22 pm 

You can't talk on unicom. So we have a private channel. It's.....[hang on a sec here - 3 inutes actually - while I start up FS9 and SB4)...
server = rw.liveatc.net
channel = CVA
You do it different depending on if you're using SquawkBox or FSInn.

If you use it when everyone's on unicom, it's best. When you try to talk while people are talking and listening to ATC, people won't be able to hear so it's confusing and people tune you out. (You can do both because ATC and private have different push-to-talk keys, but you shouldn't).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

CVA7769 wrote:
Welcome Barry to the VA!

PC-12 - Most definitely you can use it as a Class 1 as that is one of our aircraft but it seems we have misplaced the CVA downloads for it :) We'll have a look and get back to you on that one.

Come on out to our weekly multi's (usually Saturday is the hot night to be there....but alternate is Wednesdays and pretty good too). We have a CVA private voice channel. Dig through the forums here or ask and someone will post the info on this so you can chat with your fellow pilots.

Cheers!

The original PC-12 is still around here somewhere in the back of the hanger. The paint job on it is quite outdated. As well, it is only FS2004 compliant...the gauges won't work in FSX.

I would like to find a freeware model that is able to go into both FS2004 and FSX.

I did start a new CVA paint on the Flight 1 PC-12 back about six months ago but the alpha layer was giving me fits. I ran out of beer to steady my nerves and haven't got back to. I did stop off and get a fresh case today, so maybe I will take another run at it soon. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:06 pm 

Looking for help? Painting, or carrying beer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:02 am 
Site Admin

Heh, heh, heh...you hold the paintbrush Buddy...I'll look after the beer. :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:09 am 

A CVA Paint for my Flight One PC12 would be great. I have not seen any FSX freeware around but there may be one. I would probably opt to fly the payware, since I have it.

Now if you really want to make me happy!!-paint the Flight One Cessna Mustang and add that to the hanger! It's a great plane for the big and small airports. Alas, it only holds 5 passengers and one pilot, so it would be for those rich passengers. But it lands at 90 KIAS on RW less than 3000 feet-and since it's a jet, can go to 30,000 and do over 350 for close to 1,000 miles. It's also got a Garmin 1000 with WAAS (at least in the US) that can do glideslope approaches at some airports that do not have ILS. I'd be happy to fly it for CVA.

Thx for the permission to use the Pilatus. I'll be flying.
Barry

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:43 pm 

CVA0190 wrote:
... the Flight One Cessna Mustang ... I'd be happy to fly it for CVA...

Well, that's very big of you, Barry. The CVA membership appreciates your generosity. :oops: :devil:

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]