Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:34 pm 

Thanks, Frank for all the info.
I'll let you know how I make out.

Regards,
Dave CVA1019

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:19 pm 

Well, I thought I had it beat. I actually had gotten on line and heard ATC and they heard me and I got to fly a test flight (VFR) and had ATC for Toronto DEP and CTR from CYYZ to City Centre. I thought the problem was solved when I adjusted the volumes in FDFST the horizontal VVL bars turn blue (top & bottom) and green in the centre..... Completed the flight signed off and shut down the computer as always. The following day I booted the computer and started FSX to join in on the Wednesday night Multi, started up FSInn, connected OK, tuned comm1 to Toronto DEP and got the same dreaded dark grey upper & lower bars and blue centre bar on the VVL bar. :angry: I,m at my witts end with this.
I'm beginning to think it's a hardware conflict of some sort.
One more quick note I read Barry's thead and how he solved his similiar problem so I set up my FSInn/Set/Various page the same way, no difference.

Back to the drawing board with this problem. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:57 am 
Site Admin

Try this.... Go to control panel and double click the sound Icon. On the Voice tab you will see a "Test hardware" Click on this then a sound adjust wizard will show up. Setup your sound and then go back to your FS and try to see if it work better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:19 am 

Well I tried what you suggested Frank, and hardware worked fine, but since then I have found what my issue was. The conflict was with my firewall all this time. Even though the firewall control panel had all three FSFDT.exe.,FSInn.exe and one other one that I can't remember at the moment, marked as "allowed" for internet access, it still prevented voice from being transmitted or received. I will have to call my firewall tech support to see if there are any settings to change for this. But, in the meantime if I start up FSInn and tune the radio, then open the firewall control panel and cycle the enable button off/on, voice in FSInn becomes fully functional again. :thumbsup:
For those whom are interested it's Bell Sympatico's internet security V9.0 that caused this issue.

So thanks for all the help and suggestions guys.

Dave CVA1019 :)

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2