It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:20 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:47 pm 

Does anyone know any stores here in canada that sell good joysticks for Flight Sim? I've already checked out Walmart and Future Shop and they got nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:16 am 

I think I got mine from Radio Shack. It connects via USB, has a hat, a twist grip, and a bunch of buttons. It's a Extreme3D Pro from Logitech.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:30 am 
Site Admin

It depends a lot on your budget really. Radio Shack or the Source to be exact could likely set you up with something useable. If you are not in a big rush and have a little jingle in your pocket, there are places that you can get actual flight control yokes as well. I have used an old gameport stick when I started, a Saitek X-45, a CH Yoke and finally a Saitek Yoke.

If you see something you like, let us know and we will try to give you some feedback if anyone has prior knowledge of the unit.

Both of the yokes that I have bought were purchased online and shipped. I think the Source can order Saitek units.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:19 am 

I use the Saitek Yoke also and the CH Pedals , a very good yoke. but without pedals you won't have the rudder or brakes. Well worth saving for good controls, it really makes a difference. then you can shoot those annoying crosswind landings. I have had a few Logitech controls in the past. I find the drivers a bit funky and the software isn't all that friendly. Make sure if it doesn't work with your system, you can return for full refund.

Image....Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:11 pm 

I agree with Chuck and Cal, I also use CH rudders with the Saitek X52 FCS side stick & throttle because for me it emulates the Airbus setup very well. I would not recommend the Saitek Pro Flight rudder, while nice looking, it is too light, being made almost entirely of plastic, and will lock up and jam just thinking about it. I went through 4 sets in as many months and got tired of paying return shipping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:49 pm 

I bought my Saitek X-45 at Source. Mind you that was 4 christmas's ago. But I think a buddy of mine bought his X-52 there as well. I bought my Yoke and pedals from Aviation World (http://www.aviationworld.net). I have the CH yoke and pedals, arguably one of the best add-on's I have. Mind you dual monitors is realllllllllllllll nice to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:20 pm 

I use CH yoke, pedals and throttle quadrant - all sourced on EBay. if you are patient, you can get good deals (mine were 1/2 price) - throttle quadrant was the longest wait, but found one after 4 months.

I find the rudder pedals the best upgrade - mainly for ground handling. Then Yoke (although I don't like the CH spring). Throttle quadrant, dont' really use that much (apart from when flying twins).

In the TO area, Aviation world carries CH and Saitek, as does Threshold Aviation. You can try them out at both stores as well.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]