It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:44 pm 

Hey guys, I have the Feelthere Boeing 737 product, which is the 300, 400 and 500 series, I've recently started to use them on regional routes for CVA flights and my own, but theres one problem, the rudder seems to "lock" on takeoff.

Its such a bad time for the rudder to lock too since I was unable to adjust my gear and I went straight off the runway on takeoff :D (don't worry I didnt count that flight!)

I was wondering if the plane just does that in real life or is there a way I can fix that? I know If i had lined up with the runway better I probably wouldn't have this problem but there was traffic waiting behind me to depart and I didn't want to spend too much time lining up perfectly!
Other than on takeoff, the rudder seems to move fine once in the air and on the ground to taxi...

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:47 pm 

I've often hit N1 in my LDS as I turn onto the runway, then striaghten up with the rudder while collecting speed.

Maybe you could use the old F10-F12 left-right brake keys instead?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:00 pm 

Matt,
Look in the Configuration files - there's one for each-300,400,500. Under preferences-at the bottom, play around with the last two "Limit nosewheel steering,,,,,, , and Disable joystick axes.......... - and see if that solves it.

Hope this helps yah!

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:11 am 

Hey thanks for the reponses!

Rob thats interesting I'll give that a try, usually I straighten up before I apply takeoff power, but your way might be better.

And Barry thanks I'll have a look at those config files! Its just weird because the rudder only locks on takeoff and landing, but when im landing the rudder will unlock allowing me to turn the nosewheel once i've slowed down significantly. I'll be extra carful when meddling with those config files, nothing good ever surfaces when I don't follow instruction! :D

I'll let you guys know if the suggestions worked.

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:36 am 

Locked rudder on landing is very normal, until you turn off FD (Flight Director), AT (Autothrottle), and CMD (Autopilot). I used to get stuck at the end of the runway every time...! :p

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]