It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:07 pm 

I just downloaded the dash 8-300 and when I brought it up in FS2004 there is a panel but nothing works? How can I turn the guages on and have them work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Norm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:29 pm 

Hi Norm,

Stupid question, did you install the Dash8-300 for FS2004 or for FSX? We have two sections, with planes for both versions of flight sim , if you downloaded a FSX version plane and tried opening it in FS2004 you have problems.

If not, there might be something funky with your gauges/ panel files perhaps? I'll let the tech guys elaborate on this since Im reaching the limit of my knowledge :D

-Matt

Edited By mattymsboi on 1261852200

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:36 am 
Site Admin

Good catch Norm!! There were in fact a few files missing out of the FS2004 model installer. It should be all fixed up now.

Just go back and re-download the zipfile again. Unzip the package and run the installer again, all should be good now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:38 pm 

Hmmm. I decided, after a very long while to get going on my switchover to FSX. So I began by downloading the CVA Dash8 for FSX and the B1900. They installed and work but both have a rather serious guage problem. On the D-8 my altimeter and ASI have only a blanking plate where they should be while the HSI is a black hole. The B1900 has black holes for the RMI, HSI, ADI and ASI. I thought maybe I had forgotten to unzip the files so I reinstalled ensuring that I had done so but it came out the same. I also downloaded the FSX CVA CRJ and it seems to be fine. SO I'm wondering if the are aslo files missing for these ones as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:58 pm 
Site Admin

When you first loaded the aircraft for the first time in FSX, it should have asked for permission to load gauge files. Did it ask? If so, did you allow the gauges to be loaded? If you selected no to any of the gauges, it will not display them. There was an issue with the Dash 8 previous, but to my knowledge, that was resolved and many users have the B1900D in FSX with no problems...or at least they haven't stepped forward. I have the B1900D in FSX that was installed from the file on the site and is working correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

I just reinstalled FSX on my laptop as I rebuilt with Windows 7 recently. Wehn I get a chance, I'll try to download a few of the CVA aircraft you mention and see.

Which Dash 8 specifically was it?

Cheers! :thumbsup:

CVA7769

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:43 pm 

I downloaded the PAD Dash8-300 and the B1900, the Twin Otter, the King Air 350 and the CRJ-700 successively and installed them one after the other. The 350 and Twin Otter came out fine. Contrary to my previous post, the CRJ is not ok, it has the PFD location black. I dont recall seeing anything during the initial install about giving permission to install guages but maybe I missed it. I have reinstalled a couple of them and didnt see any requirement for permission but maybe after the first time it wont ask again. I think I'll remove the problem aircraft and start over as it sort of makes sense that if guage permission is needed and I missed it that I would have this sort of problem. As well I saw in another post where the installation of an add-on in FSX should be followed by by a boot up to the default aircraft before anything else is added. I added these airctraft in one fell swoop before a boot so maybe thats a problem too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:36 am 

Further to my post, I have since removed the problem ac from FSX and rebooted. I then d/l the D8-300, unzipped and ran the installer. There was nothing about permissions and the installer ran exactly as you'd expect. Still have the missing guages (ASI, VSI, Atimeter, Aspd, ADI alt Sel ). I looked in the config file and I cant see anything amiss there. However, everything that's missing appears to be related to a file called DASH_83.dll. I have two of them: same creation date and what looks like the same version number but the file sizes are slightly different. All that seems odd to me.
I'm running XP and have FS9 installed as well. FS9 works fine including the ac that are giving me problems in FSX. So the issue looks like an FSX issue to me but I'm beat to know where to look next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:09 am 
Site Admin

Hi Don

For some reason, it did not register the gauge. If you use windows explorer,

Go to your C drive

Documents and Settings

Application Data

Microsoft

FSX

and open the FSX.cfg with Notepad. You need to find an entry similar to this one...

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\CVA_DHC83_X\panel.300\DASH_83.DLL.bwbiiwkurohibaronthnkkzwzialbwbekcwohilh=2

Note, the number at the end may be different. If you can find this in the FSX.cfg file, delete the entry, save the cfg file and restart FSX. Select the aircraft and see if it gives you a prompt to accept the gauges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:40 pm 

Thanks for the pointer Chuck.

I found the entry that you pointed out, in fact there were two of them. I deleted the first one in the cfg file, saved and brought up the dash8 and had to confirm that the Dash_83.dll was trusted... guages are still missing. Went back into the cfg file and deleted both Dash_83.dll files. Now I had to confirm the Dash_83.dll was trusted two times. Guages are still missing. The Dash_83 .dll file entries were recreated at the bottom of the [trusted] section so that seems right and all of the Dash83 entries appear to be consistent with all of the other guage entries for other ac so it looks like there is something else not right. I installed the Dash-6 and the B350 at the same time and they are ok. I can fly the ac with the missing guages and they seem to fly ok except for the lack of some pretty critical information! Got any other ideas? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:55 am 
Site Admin

Hi Don,

Try downloading This Gauge Fix and let me know if it works for you. This is apparently a random issue that for some reason only occurs on some users computers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:20 pm 

Hi Chuck,

Yep, the panel fix resolved the problems with the Dash8 panel. Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

Now would you happen to have the same thing for the B1900?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]