It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:25 am 

So why are we using the A320 and not the default A321 in the game? I know I don't have the rank to fly any jet atm but I am wondering why we are using a smaller and shorter ranged plane? Also ontop of that why don't we have any routes from Montreal to CYVR or Ottawa to CYVR all I see is CYYZ to CYVR once I hit 50 hours I am going to be flying that route a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:14 am 
Site Admin

The reason that we do not use the default A321 has to do with the textures that show the paint. Microsoft does not make anything easy for the user in regards to repainting default aircraft. As I recall, it took me over 25 hours to get the paint to look "okay" on the B350. In order to get some of the lines to match up, I had to edit one pixel at a time until I had it correct. Even at that, there were some items on it I was not happy with but it was as close as I was going to get it.

As a result, we tend to find acceptable models that are easier to paint or better still have a layered paint kit available. If you have to create your own paint kit from scratch, it can take many, many hours before you are even ready to paint the textures.

In response to your question about a flight to Vancouver from Montreal, long flights such as that would be flown from the nearest hub, in this case Toronto. Feeder or regional jets would move passengers into Toronto and heavies would move them across the continent.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]